Epidural Steroid Injection <> Has anyone had this procedure? Did it help?

Mon Jan 6 15:58:17 2003

If you've had this procedure done, please share your experience...

X> Epidural Steroid Injection

http://www.reddinganesthesia.com/ESB.htm 1.) What is an Epidural Steroid Injection? Epidural Steroid Injection is an injection of long lasting steroid ("cortisone") in the Epidural space – that is the area which surrounds the spinal cord and the nerves coming out of it. 2.) What is the purpose of it? The steroid injected reduces the inflammation and/or swelling of nerves in the Epidural space. This may in turn reduce pain, tingling & numbness and other symptoms caused by nerve inflammation / irritation or swelling. 3.) How long does the injection take? .. 4.) What is actually injected? .. 5.) Will the injection hurt? .. 6.) Will I be "put out" for this procedure? .. 7.) How is the injection performed? .. 8.) What should I expect after the injection? .. 9.) What should I do after the procedure? .. 10.) Can I go back to work the next day? .. 11.) How long the effect of the medication last? .. 12.) How many injections do I need to have? .. 13.) Can I have more than three injections? .. 14.) Will the Epidural Steroid Injection help me? .. 15.) What are the risks and side effects? .. 16.) Who should not have this injection?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: