Re: How to know if there is a partial bowel blockage?

Mon Jan 6 16:15:47 2003

Hi...I just had surgery to remove lots of adhesions...my intestine was stuck to my ovary and both were stuck to the abdominal wall..Dr. said I was a mess with lots of thick adhesions totally covering my left tube and ovary where he could not even find it. I'm sure I had a partial bowel obstruction and I had the same symptoms you are having...nausea, cramping like I was going to have a period (uterus was gone, hyster in 2001), backache, not hungry, couldn't go to the bathroom very much at all...this went on for a year. Since my surgery 2 weeks ago to remove the adhesions and unglue my intestine my bowels are moving more normally than they had in a whole year. I am still having some pain, but that is the healing process. My doctor put Intergel on my insides which is supposed to prevent adhesions from reforming and organs from sticking together. It is very early in my recovery so who knows, but I am hoping and praying this will be the last surgery for me.

Every case is different and I am not a doctor, but adhesions can certainly cause a partial bowel obstruction and all of your symptoms seem to go along with both. Here's hoping and praying that you will have answers soon to your pain and feel better.

A fellow "former" adhesion sufferer! Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: