Re: All shook up!!

Fri Jan 10 16:56:26 2003

Mary Lou, Don't allow doubt to zap your chances at getting help that you desperately need. Your plans are made, go forward. People will always be making comments pro & con (even doctors). You felt "right" about your decision or you would have not made it in the first place. Forget percentages. Go with full faith that you will be improved. Maybe not as much as you hoped, but it could be more than you are expecting! I do think the doctors in Germany believe in helping the patients, as I have talked to Dr. K by e mail several times. When we planned to go to California last year my daughter was so weary of being sick she just wanted to cancel. She felt this surgery wouldn't help her anymore than the last. I had a gut feeling it would. It did!! She still tell me thanks for pushing her to go. No, she isn't well, but she is MUCH better than she was. Best wishes! Karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Friday, January 10, 2003 05:41:48 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: All shook up!! Dear folks, All the uproar back and forth regarding dr moore has really got me shaking. I realize that I am going to germany, to have surgery by a dr I have never met, by myself because i can;t find anyone to go with me, and he states only a 60% success rate for my type of problem, which is adhesions in the torso, not in the abdomen, and at times, I feel like this decision is insane. But I am so desperate for a chance to diminish pain and get back my life. I have had the pain constantly for three years, but only in my back, since Oct, it encircles my body. I have nothing to look forward to except day after day of the same as the day before. Falling further and further into depression and financial abyss; I am getting more and more worn down; I know you all can relate to that. I do not take narcotics because I already sleep 12 hours a nite from amytriptylene, and I sm foggy when I finally get up. I need reassurance that I am not grasping at straws. Do you think 60% sucess rate for my type of problem is high enough to risk it? thanks. mary Lou (very nervous)
--

--
mary lou

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: