Re: cost vs. benefit of surgery in Germany

Fri Jan 10 18:11:51 2003

Dera Lynda and all others, Here is my cost analysis: If my surgery in Germany is sucessful, after the recovery period, I will be able to get a nursing job and earn back th money it cost in a matter of a few months. If I don;t take the chance of haveing surgery in germany, I will continue to be at home day after ady, in and out of bed, and in pain. Mary Lou

At Fri, 10 Jan 2003, linda garcia wrote: >
>After reading all these posts Dr.Moore, I am going to tell you my "history"
>
>I had my first child at 19. At that time I was 120 lbs and 5'4. My husband was 6'1 and 230 pounds of solid muscle ( he let it turn to fat after the wedding). During one of my prenatal visits at 6 months (this is the first time my hubby had gone with me) my OB came in and said after looking at him that i would have to have a c-section. Fine. (Divorced this guy)
>
>Had my second child at 23, and the 3rd child at 28. Had to have sections for those too. After the birth of my second child, I started having severe pelvic pain, and during my periods would pass really big clots. I would use 2 double size packs of pads every time. My gynecologist would say it was all in my head, put me on anti-depressants, even suggested that my new husband must beat me. I had told her on many occasions that sex hurt like $@$@ . She then made the comment that I must have more fun with my new husband. I had seen this other doctor and he diagnosed me with IBS too.
>
> During my pregnancy with my third child, I had severe headaches, I had them with the other two just not so bad, I was prescribed percocet. After deliverythe pain became unbearable. I went to the ER 5 weeks post op and could barely walk. The same Gyne, came down and just looked at me doubled over I might add and said that I was a drug addict.. She even put this in my medical records so it has followed me everywhere. She ended up treating me for a uterine infection before the test results came back negative.
>
>Many trips back to the ER, many sonograms, cystoscopies, rectal exams, you name it everything came back negative. So two years later (couldn't take the pain anymore or the embarrasment, the docs here seemed to know my private parts better than my husband) I had my hubby take me to the next city 50 miles away. The Er doc there came in sat down and talked to me. I explained everything that I had gone through in the last 7 years. He said without a doubt endo. He scheduled me to see a new doc in that city. She scheduled me for a lap one week later. Turns out my bladder and uterus were adhered together. My uterus was and still is attached to the abdominal wall.. She could only remove my bladder from the abdominal wall, said I need a hysterectomy. I know that If i remove the uterus, the adhesions will attach to something more important so I am hopefully waiting on "spray gel". There you have it.
>
>I now have tons of money that I don't have spent on meds, surgery and many an office visit. I don't Have insurance, so you can just imagine A trip to Germany is a lot cheaper than any care we can get here.
>
>Thanx for listening. Hope it didn't bore you
>
>--
>Linda Garcia
>

--
mary lou

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: