Jo's Condition

Fri Jan 10 21:25:59 2003

Hello to All:

At Jo's request, I am posting a message regarding her situation at this moment. These are excerpts from her messages on the Bombo Beach board and from her journal entries at the Beach.

Jan. 10th (Australian time) - " Well I am really getting the works this time! I have a new pain team looking at my "Chronic Pain" condition and we have started trying a few new things and the goal is to find me a workable longterm pain management plan that everyone is happy with (including and especially me!)...So far the pain team has reviewed the dose once and increased it....I am still on all my usual meds....we are trying ... a TENS machine....it has significantly reduced the pain in my hips and legs making me feel much more comfortable!... So, all in all so far I can see progress... we are just making one or two changes at a time so that we can be sure of what IS and ISN'T working.... My goal is to get off the pain meds IF possible altogether, however IF that isn't possible, then I want it to be as low a dose as possible....IF the TENS unit really does help me and I can reduce the oral meds and turn up the TENS unit, then that is what I want to do."

Jan. 11th (Australian time) - "Please don't worry, I am really being well looked after have a great new pain management team and as usual the nurses are just the BEST!!"

Jo has her laptop at the hospital with her, and she is keeping the Bombo message board updated, as well as her journal page there. If anyone would like further information on her progress, please check out The Beach at http://www.bombobeach.com and post a message of support on the General Discussion section or a prayer for her in The Prayer Room. I know she will appreciate your words of support.

Praying for pain-free days for all,

Nancy in NB

ICQ 9683431

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: