Financial abyss and depression

Sat Jan 11 16:46:23 2003

Hello, I have some of the symptoms you posted in you message "All shook up". Your comments of financial abyss and depression is the state I find myself stuck in. I can not get out of this vicious circle. Every awakening hour, that I am not in to much pain to think, I ponder on change my life style, sell my home with a mortgage, and buy a condo/town house, because I will never be able to afford the home and everything it takes to run a house. (children own their own homes) I use to do major and minor repairs to my home as a hobby to relax my mine from a long week at work. I started to remodel my bath room and kitchen Jan/Feb of 2002 ( it's kinda cute), since the back surgery in July of 2002, I am unable to even stoop or sit on the floor to finish the tile (knees), certainly not climb a ladder to finish the painting (dizzy). It took all day to do the plumbing because I am not yet strong enough to use the pipe wrench.Walking my dogs (2 Rock's) is out, sweeping the pool, vacuuming the carpet, mop the floors is also out. I have been separated from my husband since Jan 2000/2001 (short term memory issues). I am trying to be in denial and tell myself that this illness had nothing to do with the break up of my marriage ( medicated 24 hours a day/ with little or no relief, depression/always asking "why me", missing part time-work, unable to play golf, dancing, hunting, excuses for most social outing's. It was never painful to have sex, it actually relieved some of the pain for short periods (possible due to increase in adrenalin/endorphins). I actually had a plan in case something like this would happen, I purchased an Income protection policy, and was forced under duress to sell my policies back to the company. I do not think that I am eligible for SSI or any thing, I have always been self employed, or private practice. Or keep my home and pray that very soon I will be able to return work part time, earn enough to take care of myself. My family nor my friends understand! QUOTE FROM MY CHILDREN: I am sure they mean well!!! "Mom you will better if you get dress and go to work, dining, shopping, etc.... "What do you do in the big house all day, by your self?" " my mom would never let her situation deteriorate to this extreme" " Mom has a plan" "You could never be as broke as you claim" "You do not need to keep that house we are grown" "Can I borrow some money I will give it back soon, with interest, if you like!".

Until I found this board, I had no one to vent with ,or any one that understood, and certainly no one that could say "I know/understand what you mean!" I am the designated responsible one among my siblings. My Mom,Dad, and favorite Uncle have gone to haven. They were my emotional support group. Any suggestion from anybody is desperately wanted and appreciated.

Dr Lyn E-mail Address(es): dr_linda@pacbell.net Business Information: Address: Los Angeles, CA. United States

>----- Original Message -----
From: klischma@foxinternet.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 3:41 PM Subject: All shook up!!

> Dear folks,
> All the uproar back and forth regarding dr moore has really got me
> shaking. I realize that I am going to germany, to have surgery by a dr
> I have never met, by myself because i can;t find anyone to go with me,
> and he states only a 60% success rate for my type of problem, which is
> adhesions in the torso, not in the abdomen, and at times, I feel like
> this decision is insane. But I am so desperate for a chance to diminish
> pain and get back my life. I have had the pain constantly for three
> years, but only in my back, since Oct, it encircles my body. I have
> nothing to look forward to except day after day of the same as the day
> before. Falling further and further into depression and financial
> abyss; I am getting more and more worn down; I know you all can relate
> to that. I do not take narcotics because I already sleep 12 hours a
> nite from amytriptylene, and I sm foggy when I finally get up. I need
> reassurance that I am not grasping at straws. Do you think 60% sucess
> rate for my type of problem is high enough to risk it?
> thanks.
> mary Lou (very nervous)
>
> --
> mary lou
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: