>I've been wondering about the amount of fiber that should be in a
>person's diet when he/she has bowel adhesions. I've been following a
>high fiber, "heart healthy" diet and wonder if this is actually making
>my pain worse. I think I read one of the e-mails David Wiseman refers
>to where the person was put on a LOW residue diet because of bowel
>adhesions. So now I am wondering if I am making my problem worse. It's
>confusing-a high fiber diet will expand the bowel, which you would think
>would stretch adhesions, and possibly cause pain. However, a low
>residue diet makes it harder for the bowel to move things along. ????
>
>Chris S.

Well Chris, Don't always listen to the doctors because they aren't always right. Yes they told me the same thing , I needed a high fiber diet. Yeah right, I have found that you can eat anything , It's how much you eat. I mean i eat small amounts and that is better than any of their diets. I mean they told me after all these years that scar tissue doesn't cause pain. Well I know in my cause it wasn't the scar tissue that hurt me. I had went the chiropractor and guess what they found. After 7 years of pain and many of surgerys , I found out it wasn't the scar tissue that was causing me pain it was my back. I had 3 pinched nerves and my spin had curved. Well I'm not saying this will work for you but you might want to concere it. I mean no doctor told me that my back was all messed up, but it was and that was causing all my pain. I mean i have been pain free since ive been going. I mean think about it when your in pain like that you don't sit straight and always doubled over in pain. Well thats not good on the back. For me it was my dream come true. Pain free.

--
Melinda

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: