Deep Vein Thrombosis a result of ARD????

Sun Jan 19 17:26:17 2003

From: Helen Dynda ; To: CookieTish@aol.com ; Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 6:07 PM

Subject: Re: Deep Vein Thrombosis a result of ARD????

Dear Tish, Sorry to hear that you're having to deal with deep vein thrombosis!! I had a similar experience in 1970.

1.) February 1970 I had a laparotomy...and the pain returned on the 5th day!!

2.) February to July 1970...I was prescribed many different kinds of medications - except pain medications - and nothing helped!!

3.) July 1970...started drug therapy for "suspected" endometriosis (Combid and Elavil).

4.) November 1970...I developed severe deep thrombophlebitis - directly as a result of the drug therapy (birth control medications: Combid and Enovid) in 1970!!

WHAT WAS THE REAL REASON FOR MY PAIN? (It wasn't endometriosis!!).....27 years years later I was diagnosed correctly for the very first time....I had massive adhesions that had attached my omentum to my abdominal wall covering an area of 7" (length of incision) by 4" across....as if these surfaces had been bonded or tightly glued together.

It was the drug therapy (Enovid and Combid) that caused my severe thrombophlebitis in 1970; and as a result of developing a blood clot, I was told I could never use birth control medication again.

Did your Dr. give you any indication that one of your drugs might've caused the blood clot? If not, be safe - rather than sorry - and check to see if a blood clot is mentioned as being a side effect or complication of any of the drugs you are taking.

X> Here is a website where you can check the side effects of the medications you are taking:

http://www.rxlist.com/ ...Enter the name of the drug...Click: GoList...Scroll down to the drug.

x x x x

Here's the message I posted last Friday:

>----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda To: adhesions@adhesions.org Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 2:43 PM Subject: Birth control meds will NOT relieve adhesion pain...based on my experience

X> Birth control meds will NOT relieve adhesion pain...based on my experience

I know birth control medications are being prescribed for women who have endometriosis - as well as for true birth control. The purpose of the birth control medications is to prevent endometrial implants from bleeding within the pelvic cavity at the same time as a woman has her menstrual period.

I doubt very much that birth control meds will relieve adhesion pain....based on my experience:

I had a laparotomy in February 1970 - and 5 days later I began to experience the return of pain. From that point on until July 1970 my doctor tried different medications (except pain medication) in an attempt to find a medication that would relieve my pain. None of the medications helped!!

So then in July 1970 he decided to treat me for "suspected" endometriosis. For that he prescribed birth control medications (Combid and Enovid).

Then in November 1970 I began to experience severe pain in my left leg - from my knee down to and including my left foot!!

Nine days later the pain became so painful that I could hardly walk - and I finally went to the doctor. He recognized immediately that I had severe thrombophlebitis (a blood clot) in my leg; because it was "hard" to the touch and it felt feverish (much warmer than usual).

He told me I had to go to the hospital immediately!! The minute I walked into the hospital, I was whisked away to a room where I was confined to a bed (with my leg elevated) for a week!!!

I was told I could never take birth control medication again; because the possibility of developing a blood clot is one of the complications of taking birth control meds.

Twenty-seven (27) years later I learned (for the very first time) that massive adhesions - attaching my omentum to my abdominal wall -had actually been the cause of my pain during the time I was being treated for "suspected" endometriosis.

I did NOT have endometriosis!! Endometriosis was NOT the cause of my pain!!

What's my point? Based on my experience, Combid and Enovid (birth control medications) did NOT relieve the pain that I was dealing with in 1970. Adhesions were actually the cause of my pain; and the birth control meds did NOT relieve this adhesion-caused pain!!

Helen D.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: