Re: Methadone -

Mon Jan 20 20:17:48 2003

Mary Lou,

Hi hope this finds you well. I had posted a few questions about methadone too when I first got this med. I didn't get any responses. My doctor put me on 10mgs three times daily, with vicodin 3 times daily for breakthrough. Let me tell you this stuff worked great for the pain, I haven't had any meds work like this did. The first nite I took it I got a little dizzy and sleepy. The next morning I took a pill and was puking sick all day long. Talked to my pharmacist about breaking them in half and he said that should be ok. The next day, I took 1/2 of the pill, I got a little sick to my stomach, but it was bearable. The first couple days there was no way I could drive. I have been on this since last wednesday. I am still taking half a dose at a time. It for me works about 8-10 hours, with a vicodin in between. I take another half at nite, and it works great, helps me sleep too.

It does cause some constipation but it has not been too bad. I just drink a lot of water and use a suppository if needed. If you are thinking about this med, I would start it on a weekend when you can be at home and just get used to it. I still go and do some bookwork for a friend at his office and I can still concentrate. But honestly for me it does work. If you end up getting this stuff, let me know and we can talk about things I have done to cope and you can help me out.

Take care hope this helps a little

Love and Hugs from a new friend

--
Linda Garcia

P.S. I have never personally had any med that has worked on the pain like the methadone.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: