Re: I am new to your board...

Fri Jan 24 17:35:24 2003

Hi Iona, Thanks for putting your story in The Tree of Life Book on the UKAS website. The two most recent barriers that are available in the UK are still in trials in the States. They are Adept and SpraGel, I will send you articles and details on both. Adept appears to be the most popular. There is also another one called Adsurf which is nearing it's 3rd faze of completion, I can also send you the up to date info on it.

The reason I am answering this email on this IAS forum rather than on the UKAS group is that Dr Wiseman forwards all UK people to UKAS and this will save him the trouble.

In Friendship Kath Findlay The UK Adhesion Society http://www.adhesions.org.uk Kath.Findlay@adhesions.org.uk   Please feel free to roam the UKAS website, research all about Adhesions, causes, treatment and prevention. United we stand Knowledge is power ARD is our fight Surrender never

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Iona Sent: 24 January 2003 22:30 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: I am new to your board...

Hello everyone. I am Iona and I live in the UK. I am 21 and am coming into my 7th year of suffering with adhesions. I've had 2 laps and I have adhesion twisted round my ovaries which have blocked the left one. I was initially told for 4 years I had irriable bowel syndrome following having my appendix removed, I had a lap which confirm massive adhesions, which they tried to remove but returned, I had anothr lap in November and had some removed, but yet again they are back. I am keen to avoid surgery for as long as is physically possible, I know it will be inevitable someday but I want to be able to have the barriers used but my surgeon is still researching them himself. With much love and appreciation. Iona xxx

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: