Tram Flat Procedure <> Breast reconstruction surgery bilateral flap <> Breast adhesions

Sat Jan 25 21:11:16 2003

Dear Pat, The 7 messages (below) are all I was able to find in the IAS Archives. I've numbered them 1-7 Scroll down to read the first message. After you've read these messages, then go to: http://www.google.com/ - and continue your research there - using one of the terms listed on the Subject Line of this message.

~ ~ ~ ~

X> 7.) November 29, 5:27 PM ... From: Caroline (cmfrazier@aol.com) ... No, I don't have endo; however, I did have a hysterectomy last year - and as a result I have pelvic pain - and I do have and have had ovarian cyst. The reason I ask about the breast adhesion is because I occasionally have pain in that same breast - and at times so severe that I can't stand it.

Oh boy do I have bowel problems. Just had colonscopy in September 2002 and found nothing. I was told I have IBS. Went to another doctor and she told me that she believes I have adhesions - because of the swelling and the pain

X> 6.) November 29, 2002 3:26 PM ... From: Cherryl (Koolinsask@aol.com) ... That's a very good question. I had breast surgery done two years ago, and I was full of cysts, and fluid-filled cysts, and wow, what a mess. Now, my breasts are almost gone , she had to take so much out!!!!!!!! But, I never thought of this question!!

What were you told after your surgery? And, do you have endo also? I do have endo, and recurring ovarian cysts, bowel problems, the works. Let me know please

X> 5.) November 29, 2002 2:54 PM ... From: Caroline (cmfrazier@aol.com) ... I have been reading a lot about adhesions in the stomach and pelvic area. I have not read anything about breast pain.

I had breast surgery about 3 years ago to remove a breast lesion. I have mamograms and nothing seems to show up. Is it possible to get adhesions in the breast?

X> 4.) January 11, 2002 ... From: Jo Eslick (wallamara@hotmail.com) ... I am sorry that you have endured breast cancer only to be left struggling with the pain and frustration of adhesions. That just doesn't seem fair at all, and I can understand the devastation and confusion you must be living with now.

Firstly, I urge you not to consider a surgical solution to your problems at this stage. I recommend that you read all of the information available via the IAS site - as well as searching through the archives on the message board. There are those who post on the board regularly that have bowel problems associated with adhesions; and each of them will be able to give you some advice - based on their personal experience and perspective.

Many of us have different ways of coping with the symptoms you describe. Some swear by a low residue diet, or one mostly including soft mushy types of food. For me, I prefer high fibre, low fat. I eat loads of fresh steamed vegies, skinless steamed chicken breast, canned fish such as tuna and salmon. I love fruit, fresh, canned and dried. I also make sure I drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day. I always have a glass of water on my bedside table too.

>From the description of your problems, I would hazard a guess (remember I am not a medical person, just an adhesion sufferer commenting - based on my experiences) that you may have some adhesions around your bowel. At this time the only real way of confirming that is a diagnostic laparoscopy. Unfortunately, that is a surgical procedure, which could add to your existing adhesions. It is a real catch 22 situation we are in, isn't it.

I hope you visit us at the board often, we extend the hand of friendship, understanding & support to all.

X> 3.) January 10, 2002 ... From: Pat (dragongal1@hotmail.com) ... I had breast cancer six years ago. After all the treatments I had a breast reconstruction called Tram Flap procedure. This procedure required use of marlex or polypropelene mesh to close my abdomen.

Now Iam tied in knots with adhesions, all my tests are normal, my bowels have problems moving - bloating to nine month pregnant size,I gained 40 pounds, shortness of breath.

Iam desperate because my doctor does not know what to do. I am afraid there is nothing they can do; but I cant take it much longer. Please write me back.

X> 2.) October 14, 2001... From: sandra laliberte (s_laliberte_2001@yahoo.com) ... Hi! This message is for Mary Anne. I have had the bilateral tram flap procedure. E-mail me and then I will know what you are looking for.

X> 1.) April 23, 2000 ... From: "Mary Ann Murray" mam3033@freewwweb.com ... I just visited message board and realized I typed 'TRAP' instead of "TRAM. I must say I had a good laugh at myself.....only I stopped laughing when I thought about it.......it really was a TRAP!!! I was told it would be great to get a "tummy" tuck to boot. Well, anyone considering having it done, have them write me. I can tell them what the doctors won't! I am disabled, and I can attribute 75% of the disability to the TRAM flap. You may post this on the message board. thanks..

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: