Re: Does anyone know if MS Contin works better than Methedone?

Mon Jan 27 00:39:36 2003

Dearest Linda, I have taken every narcotic known to man as far as I know, and I do know that large doses of MS Contin can be bad for you. MS Contin is a long acting drug, in that it is a time release drug that takes time to go through ypur system. The Methadone is a very similir drug, in that it is also a time release drug. Prsonally between the two, I liked the methadone because it seemed to have broken down a bit faster than the MS Contin. However I have found over the last eight years, that the continous use of any narcotic in pill form, will leave sediments in the liver that have caused enlarged glands, such in the breast area. After the first breast surgury in which I had my enlarged lymphnodes removed, my Dr. placed me on the opiate/fentynal patch, which is almost as good as instant relief,once your body gets adjusted to the amount needed to reduce your pain. For instance, some people can get by on the 25 ugh patch, while others need a bit more relief and use either the 50ugh or even the 100ugh. Personally I use 250 to 300 ugh due to the severity of my injuries. I am to be scheduled for another breast surgury on the other breast due to the prolonged use of narcotics in pill form, which is something that I must continue to do unless I receive a miraculous healing by God. I am in substancial pain and have been for eight years. All of the toxins left in the body from continual use of narcotics in pill form, have to go somewhere, and the liver will not hold the toxins Thank God, or we would all be dead. But the toxins will settle in the glands, usually the glands closest to the liver which in several cases the toxins settle in the glands on or near the breast. I have a large lump on my breast which has been tested for cancer and has been found to be negative. I now know what women go through when they have mammograms, and I know that it isn't comfortable at all. May The Lord Bless You for what you have to go through during those procedures. I also do not read the posts as most do because I am mostly bedfast for three to five days out of the week. However I wanted to reply to you because in order to have a great relationship with your Dr. you must be totally honest and tell him where you hurt as well as to tell him how the medication that he has you on, is or is not working as to the severity of your pain. We can all go through life in pain, but it is those who refuse to take less than the best, who will come out ahead as far as gaining the best in pain relief. Always remember that your Dr. is your friend and should treat you as such. You should be able to talk with him/her as if they were your best buddies, because only your best of friends will listen and understand just what you are going through. So make sure that your Dr. is your best friend. I always bypass the arguing on this site, I have troubles enough of my own to get involved in other peoples arguments. I will say that there are many good meds out there that can and will help you as long as you are up front with your Dr. and tell him/her just where you hurt, how bad the pain is on a scale of one to ten, and any other pains that accompany the symptoms, that may or may not have originated with your initial pain. Any pain management Dr. worth his salt can tell whether or not a patient is not being truthful, so don't be shy about your pain and don't over do it, just tell it like it is and I believe that you will find that the Dr. will listen I will keep you in my prayers and May God Bless You Always..........Dave

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: