Re: Feeling Down

Sat Feb 8 07:52:52 2003

Robin, You have to remember that your daughter is just 15 and it's frustrating for her to see you have pain. Don't take it to heart what she says to you. I have three teenagers myself. (A 15 year old daughter) I used to get so frustrated because no one helped me with the housework but I have learned to let it go. She is probably really worried about you. I found out through the grapevine that my kids were very worried about me more than I knew and it really bothered me. I would almost rather have them not worry than have them feel anxiety about it. Hang in there and remember that 15 is a tough age to go through and she is probably dealing with other things also. Kelly -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Saturday, February 08, 2003 07:40:47 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Feeling Down Dear All I am feeling a bit down. I am having trouble with our 15 year old daughter. She doesn't understand my pain and thinks I am just lazy. She doesn't really do very much around the house, but she says she is tired of cleaning up my mess when I am just being lazy. Once she told me she didn't even care if I had pain or not. This has been on going. It just breaks my heart to hear her tell me these things. I know it is just because she doesn't fully understand & she is frustrated because I don't do anything any more. Our 18 year old son came to me & said not to worry about what she said. He told me he remembers how I used to cook & clean. My husband even told her maybe we should go to counceling, but she said she didn't want to go. I tried to explain to her that I really have pain. Pain like what she had when she had her appendix out, but she just doesn't understand. I am not sure if it is because she doesn't want to understand or what it is. All I know is that it adds more pain and frustration to my situation. I am tired of not being able to live the life I once had. I am also still not sleeping. Now it is better, because now I am sleeping 2 hours at a time. We also don't have insurance right now. Dan's company pays for 1/2 of the insurance. Our old policy ran out on Jan 31. We are hoping to have new insurance on March 1, but I worry about that. The company is to pay like we have insurance, but I already have 166 in prescriptions already & have 5 more to get this month, including my Duragesic patches, which will be more than 450. The new insurance will cover up to 3,000 in prescriptions, then we have to pay for them. I called the pharmacy & found out that I spend over $10,000. a year on all my prescriptions! I am just not sure how we are going to do this. Dan just got a raise & now the new insurance is going to cost us more, but the raise will cover the increase in insurance. I guess everything is just catching up to me, especially the lack of sleep. If this continues, when we get our new insurance I may have them increase my depression meds again. I am already taking Paxil 40 mg and Buspar 30 mg. I pray for all of you every day & say extra prayers when needed. I pray all that have had surgery will continue to be pain and adhesion free. All my love & prayers, robin M
--

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: