Re: Lonely SBS

Sat Feb 15 16:33:12 2003

Yes, all I had my surgery yesterday & am in quite a bit of pain, but am home now. They kept me overnight just to be sure as DR Gerhart & DR Reich did a lot of work. DR Gerhart told my husband it was one of the worst cases he has seen in sometime. I was totally adhered from my stomach on down to the muscle & other intestines. I was lucky I went when I did, as a part of my colon had twisted on itself & the blood supply was cut off. DR Gerhart says it seems as if only 10 to 20% may form, but that is better than what I was going through. Good thing for the last few days before surgery I was able to renew my rx for Darvocette which only took the edge off but better than nothing. I have to thank my extended family for all the love-prayers & support you all have given me. As I said previously I would have committed suicide if I had not found this website. I feel blessed to have found my new extended family. I am going to bring everything I have to our CEO at Geisinger Health System for I work for them & got a real hard time about my pain meds. Will keep everyone updated on my progress & will still be an active member as you all are still my family.

Hugs-prayers & pain free moments to all

Patti Grey Wolf

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: