Re: Adhesions and bowel obstructions

Sun Feb 16 15:50:05 2003

Dear Sir or Madame, If you are having bowel obstructions, you should ask your Dr. for Miralax which is a tasteless powder that you mix with a glass of water. It is not like some prescriptions that become gummy if you let it set for a minute, it is a good laxative. Also you should eat plenty of raw vegetables and fruits and nuts as they are foods that your body needs that have plenty of fiber. Cereal is also good to eat, however try to stay away from foods that are hard to digest such as steak and such foods that take the stomache a long time to break down. Also try to eat wheat bread instead of white because the wheat has more fiber. Anything with fiber is very good to eat, such as salads and such. Also make sure that you drink at least as close to a gallon of fluids a day. If you are lactose intolerant, stay away from milk. Beans are another good source of fiber, and if you Bless your food before you eat it, you will find that God will help you to decide which foods are the best for you. I make it a habit to bless anything that goes into my mouth, and God will be happy to hear from you at mealtimes. Most meats are hard to digest, however meat in small quanties should not be a factor in your bowel habits. Eggs are also good for you, and basicaly anything that gives you gas will usually be good for a bowel movement.Try to stay away from large amounts of sugar, as sugar sets in the stomache and is hard to digest. Basically any fods that give you gas, or foods high in fiber are the foods that you will want to eat. I pray that I have given you some advice that will help you. May God bless you and keep you as you go through these trying times........Dave

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: