Re: PATTI GREY WOLF......I NEED SOME INFO ON YOUR SURGERY IN PA

Mon Feb 17 11:40:19 2003

Hi Patti,

Thanks for all the info and your help. I did fill out the questionaire last night and I also recieved a responce from Dr. Gerhart also last night. He thinks just by what I said in the questionaire that he may be able to help me. He said that it sounds like adhesions are the main cause of my pain. He wants me to fax him my op reports and we'll go from there. I am concerned about my insurance, I have Medicare and Medicaid because I am on SSD....totally disabled from my brain tumor and now these adhesions, so I don't know if he'll take it. Medicare usually doesn't cover but only half of what a normal surgery cost. And they make the hospitals and doctors accept that amount. It's not fair, especially when you have an expert like Dr. Gerhart, but I'm going to inquire anyways. If I can get even 75% relief from this pain, I'd be so happy. Then when spray gel does come to the states, if it's bothering me again, I can always go back to see him.

Hope you are having a wonderful pain free day. It's so good to know that you are feeling better. I was surprised to see you posting so soon after your surgery. That says a lot about the surgeon....must be damn good!!! I am still keeping you in my prayers, for I am so thankful that even one of us got relief. Keep recovering, girl! Hope is just around the corner for me too, I think!

Lots of hugs, love and prayers, Your frined, Tonya

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Pgrywlf@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 9:39 AM Subject: Re: PATTI GREY WOLF......I NEED SOME INFO ON YOUR SURGERY IN PA

I AM GLAD YOU ARE CHECKING WITH DR GERHART & DR REICH. I FOR ONE CAN TELL YOU AS THE DAYS PROGRESS I AM FEELING SO MUCH BETTER. I ACTUALLY HAD TO EMAIL DR GERHART ON ANOTHER MATTER & HE TOLD ME TO TAKE IT EASY DURING RECOVERY SO I DID NOT OVER DUE IT & HAVE A RELAPSE. HE IS A GREAT SURGEON & MOST OF ALL A GREAT HUMAN BEING. HE REALLY CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS ALOT. GOOD LUCK TO YOU & I HOPE YOU CAN RAISE THE MONEY AS IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT. ANOTHER THING IS DO NOT FEAR BEING IN PAIN AFTER SURGERY AS CMC IN SCRANTON DOES EVERYTHING TO MAKE YOU AS COMFY AS POSSIBLE. I HAD PAIN ONE TIME ON A SCALE FORM 1 TO 10 THAT WAS A 6 OR 7 & THEN ONE AT LEAST A 10. THEY GAVE ME MORE MEDS TO KEEP ME COMFY WHEN I WAS A 10 THAT WHEN I WAS A 7. THEY TRY THEIR BEST TO KEEP YOU AS PAIN FREE AS POSSIBLE & THEY ARE GREAT NURSES. VERY COMPASSIONATE

GOOD LUCK TO YOU HUGS-PRAYERS & PAIN FREE MOMENTS TO YOU PATTI GREY WOLF

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: