Surgery for adhesions formed after a septate uterus resection, please respond!

Mon Mar 3 14:27:48 2003

Dear Aurora, Please read my comments within your message below.

~ ~ ~ ~

Surgery for adhesions formed after a septate uterus resection, please respond! From: Aurora (tjbray@yahoo.com) Mon Mar 3 09:37:34 2003

I recently had surgery to resect a septum in my uterus. I was put on Lupron the month before to decrease the chances of adhesions forming.

HD> I'm not a medical professional; but I have been doing research on adhesion related disorder (ARD) since October 1997. I have NEVER seen information stating that Lupron helps to decrease the chances of adhesions forming!! Lupron is used to halt the progression of endometriosis - NOT adhesions.

My Dr did not see the need to do a HSG test to determine if the septum was gone. However, I insisted that we do one and was very unhappy to find that instead of the septum I now have an adhesion running down part of my uterus.

HD> Any and ALL surgical procedures will cause adhesions to form!! Adhesions result when the human body attempts to heal and protect itself following a trauma such as surgery. There are also many other causes of adhesions!!

The Dr now wants to do an office hystroscope to remove it. He will then put me on horomones for 28days to prevent them from returning this time. HD> Hormones for 28 days will NOT prevent ADHESIONS from forming!!

Has anyone heard of this or had this happen to them? What course of treatment do you recommend? I am at my wits end with insensitive Dr's and feel my faith in them fading! Please respond! Thank you Aurora

HD> Judy Kemp suggested that you do research on google.com ( http://www.google.com/ ) -- one of the best search engines on the Internet. Also, go to the following website to read the entire article about "Asherman's Syndrome"...

~ ~ ~ ~

X> Related Conditions: Click: Asherman's Syndrome (The below information is written on a grey background.).

http://www.adhesions.org/relatedconditions/index.htm

" Asherman's can also result from intrauterine surgery to remove fibroids, uterine structural defects (septum, bicornuate uterus, large polyps), or at cesarean section infections related to IUD use (or the placement of any foreign object within the uterine cavity). Treatment

"Asherman's syndrome should be treated if it is causing infertility or amenorrhea. Surgical treatment includes cutting and removing adhesions or scar tissue within the uterine cavity. This can usually be performed by hysteroscopy - small instruments and a camera are placed into the uterus through the cervix.

"After scar tissue is removed, the uterine cavity must be kept open while it heals to prevent recurrence of the adhesions. Your doctor may place a small balloon inside the uterus for several days, and may prescribe estrogen replacement therapy to take for several months while the uterine lining heals."

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: