Re: can a ruptured cyst cause adhesions? Yes

Wed Mar 12 22:35:34 2003

When a cyst ruptures, the fluid from the cyst spews out into the pelvic cavity - and there's no way for this fluid to exit the body.

The fluid itself is an irritant to the internal organs! To heal and protect itself the body sends out its army to encapsulate the irritating fluid (from the cyst)... and the result is adhesions!!

~ ~ ~ ~

At Wed, 12 Mar 2003, ELEFUN4@aol.com wrote:

I am so sorry for your pain, I know it must feel awful. Have you called you doctor and asked him what he thinks? I have had cysts on my ovaries since I was 16 yrs old. When mine burst it is very painful,(and the pain can last a while) with pressure and a rush of fluid. Sometimes the fluid gets caught, in a little pocket or sac behind the uterus (sorry I forgot the name) and can be oh so painful! I have found out that the fluid from the cysts helps in the growth of adhesions, but I do not know if it can make them grow where none were before. I hope your pain eases up and you feel some relief. Jackie LI NY

THERE ARE BLESSINGS IN EVERYTHING

Blessings come in many guises That God alone in Love devises, And sickness which we Dread so much Can bring a very "healing Touch"- For often on the "WINGS OF PAIN" The Peace we sought before in vain Will come to us with "Sweet Surprise" For God is merciful and wise- >And through long hours of Tribulation
>God gives us time for Meditation,

And NO sickness can be counted Loss That teaches us to "Bear Our Cross"

By ~Helen Steiner Rice~

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: