Re: New to the Forum , I write this while in the hospital....

Tue Mar 18 13:48:41 2003

Joanna, The best investment I ever made was to go to Germany and Dr. Kruschinski, my only regret is I didn't do it sooner. I fretted and worried and was so scared was doing the wrong thing, well let me tell you it was the best thing I ever did. I had adhesion surgery 3 times in US and was worse each time, but the disaster was when I had g-bladder surgery 2 years ago. This surgeon told me I had multiple adhesions, before he did surgery on me. Well after I was in worse shape, my liver and stomach were bound together and pulled up high and I could hardly breath. Was in E.R twice last fall with over 200 high blood pressure. The doctors kept saying we don't know what is wrong or what to do, with a few "your crazy"s thrown in"I researched the internet and found Dr. Kruschinski and talked to two women who had been to him and made the decision to go. The two I talked to was Sally G. and Susan Craven. Dr. Kruschinsi made my appointment for surgery and at that time I did not have a passport or tickets. Did you ever see an old time movie on fast speed???that was me, I pulled all strings I could, received the passport in exactly one week, got tickets and was ready to go. I live in Bedford IN, had not had an ice storm for a long time, well the day before we were to leave had huge ice storm, so we snailed our way to the airport day before, slid into N. Carolina on solid ice runways and made it. I was so sick didn't think would live to make the trip, and oh! yes the doctor who did my g-bladder surgery wanted to do my adhesions surgery and I said NO thank you, been there and done that two many times already. To make a long story short I'm home, pain and adhesion free and very happy (on top of the world in my lilies) Could tell you more, but out of breath.....smile. Dr. Kruschinski is a sweetheart. aml Carolyn

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Joanna" <quinn1113@hotmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 1:28 PM Subject: New to the Forum , I write this while in the hospital....

> I found this forum today when I was searching to learn more about
> adhesions. I have spent all morning reading your posts, I am amazed, I
> never thought I would find people whose stories mirror my own so
> closely, it was such a relief, I don't even know how to explain it.
>
> I am currently in the hospital for what seems to be the billionth time.
> I am 26 years old and have had surgeries to remove my gallbladder,
> ovary, appendix and also surgery for endometriosis. Every 6 months to a
> year since then I have these random bouts of extreme pain, I go into the
> hospital, they run tests that don't find anything and release me with
> their hands up in resignation. I have been in this time since Friday
> evening with vomiting, diarreah, and the most terrible pain. The doctor
> this morning discussed adhesions with me and although there isn't a
> complete blockage, discussion partial blockages and what adhesions can
> do. Right now she is using mineral oil to try to dislodge any food that
> might be caught in gas pockets with these adhesions and soothe the
> stomach. I have not eaten any solid food in 7 days and have been on IV
> since I came in on Friday. I have been so anxious I know I am making it
> worse.
>
> The only thing that has calmed me through this was to read your stories
> and glean information from other's experiences. If anyone has any
> suggestions for natural pain medicine (no narcotics) or any types of
> questions I should be sure to ask my doctor, or any doctors in the
> Southern CT area that they are really impressed with, or any good
> books/articles they have come across...please let me know!
>
> Thank you all so much for being here, I had no idea there was a place
> for people like me.
>
> -Joanna
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: