Re: The National Institute of Health: Short Bowel Syndrome...

Wed Mar 19 09:02:38 2003

At Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Traci Genz wrote: >
>Thanks Helen for posting about SBS (Short bowel syndrome). I have gone
>onto the nogut website and it was interesting after I had the surgery
>and nothing has changed since 2000 so there isn't alot of information to
>read. Did I tell you I spoke to a medical convention in Madison, WI
>last Sept about my living w/SBS? It is amazing how many medical staff
>didn't know this exist in the midwest.
>
>At Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Helen Dynda wrote:
>>
>>Short Bowel Syndrome...This article is NOT copyrighted; so I copied and pasted all of this article here. If there's a problem with the Url, it's not necessary to go to the following Url...
>>
>>http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/summary/shortbo/shortbo.htm
>>
>>" Short bowel syndrome is a group of problems affecting people who have had half or more of their small intestine removed. The most common reason for removing part of the small intestine is to treat Crohn's disease.
>>
>>" Diarrhea is the main symptom of short bowel syndrome. Other symptoms include cramping, bloating, and heartburn. Many people with short bowel syndrome are malnourished because their remaining small intestine is unable to absorb enough water, vitamins, and other nutrients from food. They may also become dehydrated, which can be life threatening. Problems associated with dehydration and malnutrition include weakness, fatigue, depression, weight loss, bacterial infections, and food sensitivities.
>>
>>" Short bowel syndrome is treated through changes in diet, intravenous feeding, vitamin and mineral supplements, and medicine to relieve symptoms."
>>
>>NOTE: This e-text is not copyrighted. The clearinghouse encourages users of this e-pub to duplicate and distribute as many copies as desired.
>>
>>NIH Publication No. 02-4631
>>January 2002

ALL MEMBERS; SBS..PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION, FOR I SUFFER FROM THIS DUE TO ULCERATIVE COLITIS ALL MY LIFE, AND A RE-SECTION DONE ON MY BOWELS 6 YEARS AGO, THERE ARE MANY RELATED DISORDERS AS SBS SURELY HAS ITS OWN, BY UNDERSTANDING SOME OF THESE YOU MAYBE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND A TAD MORE ON SBS, MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCES ARE ENDLESS, AND I SUFFER WITH MORE THAN JUST SBS, SO PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THIS AND KNOW THAT KNOWLEDGE IN EVERY AREA IS VITAL TO US ALL, THANKS FOR TAKING A LOOKIE, GOD BLESS YOU ALL, SENDING YOU ALL PRAYERS...CINDY SHRUHAN

--
I'M VISUALLY IMPAIRED, I NEED THE CAP'S IN ORDER TO TYPE,
NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE..THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING
.............. cindyandbobby@webtv.net

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: