Dear Brenda~fear of going thru it all again~it is not normal!

Sun Mar 23 06:00:18 2003

Dearest Brenda, Oh god how I wish I could take this all away for you. I will speak of myself and what I have seen others do. We have been thru all kinds of testing~all negative for anything mostly, told to live with it and you are a hypocondriac(sp)and other various demoralising comments thoughtlessly tossed our way as we desparately search for help and answers. I know I had started to treat myself medically, Alot! as this barrage to my self esteem was too much...I knew I was not crazy, just in pain. I stopped going to the docs and they were just as happy to see me out of thier hair...we had a lovely repore, I called when I need more meds and they called the pharmacy. You must keep in mind we are a terrible frustration to them. I am sure they don't do this cuz they don't like that look on our face. I was taking herbal cures, laxitives, enemas and if someone had told me to eat dirt( I am rippin off someone elses line here) I would have done it. I though I was being so safe by checking for drug interaction thru the online PDR. So many trips to the ER, all with some god awful test or worse the tube. Ya I was in no hurry to go. I look back and I see how lucky I was I did not kill myself by trying to help myself. Lucky not to have a portion of bowel blow out and perhaps kill me as I grew more and more distended. So very lucky. Brenda I urge you to call your doctors right away...you need not suffer till tues. and you do not know if your luck will ride with you that long. I know it is scary, I know it seems like too much effort to get up and go...much safer to stay home and ride it out. Perhaps it will end with a shot or two of morphine and out the door you go but we are not doctors. You could be in great jeapordy. Please Brenda, call em. At least ask if there is anyting you can do at home...you know what they are going to say when you make that call though...and you will make it through whatever they do. We are all here for you and our prayers are mighty. I owe you an eamil too. I'll get to that. Never give up Brenda...that is the adhesions best friend...no hope...things are happening to have hope for...weather we like it or not right now we are the pioneers for ARD. Love and prayers for you dear Brenda, Dawn

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: