FYI

Mon Mar 31 10:12:23 2003

Hello ladies. I know this isn't about adhesions, but I feel we should be aware of it. It was an email I received and I tried. So I am passing it on.

Take a look at the note below - if you go to http://www.google.com and type in your telephone number it will actually pull up directions to your house - there is a way to have your number removed. Many people are unaware of this danger. I was, in fact! Go to http://www.google.com then type in your phone number (separated by hyphens, including area code) and click on Google Search. If your phone number is listed it will show your name and address and give you two map options. Yahoo and MapQuest. See how accurate the map is to your home. VERY SCARY!!!

Any person wishing to discover the physical location of a phone number, be it a home or business address, could use this feature to locate a physical street address, and receive directions on how to get there from anywhere in the country. In the age of the internet communication we all know the dangers of this - for adults and CHILDREN!

Google has made available an option that will allow anyone to REMOVE their telephone number from the database that is linked to the mapping feature. You will first need to check if your number is listed in this manner by attempting a search-entering your full telephone number separated by dashes (e.g. 555-555-5555). If the number appears in the mapping database, an icon resembling a telephone will appear next to the first or second entry on the results page. Clicking on this icon will take you to a page containing a description of the service, and a link to request your number be removed from the database. So far unlisted numbers and cell phone numbers, do not show up.

Be safe!

I tried and my address was not there since it is unlisted. I tried a friends number and it was there this person dose not have a computer this is scary. If your phone number is listed I would suggest that you have it remove per the Google option. The information is out there but you can start limiting access to it. Also check your name and city and state. If you are listed check the accurately of the maps MapQuest will give you a photo.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: