ards

Mon Mar 31 11:09:03 2003

Since my illness in January and February I have not really taken the time to look up information on the new diagnosis I was given: Acute (or Adult)Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Over the last couple of days I have taken the opportunity to do some research and was really distraught at what I found. I believe that all of you as adhesion sufferers need to check this website out:

http://www.ards.org/

(Sorry Tracy and Dr. W. I am not in anyway promoting a website...just trying to bring about awareness.)

We, as adhesion sufferers, find ourselves in constant pain. Often the only solution brought to us is SURGERY. Surgery is not the answer unless it is an emergent condition. This site should bring it home to you...just one more reason to say no more surgery.

I found the following posted under memorials. If you go through the memorials you will find people who have died from laprascopic procedures, tonsillectomies, just to name a couple. The one I have selected will hit home for all of you.

--
Karla

In Loving Memory of Victoria "Lynn" Curtis June 4, 1956 - April 29, 2001

My mother left behind 3 wonderful daughters a mother and her husband. She left this world on a Sunday 10 days after being admitted to Trinity Lutheran Hospital in Kansas City for a simple surgery on her bowel that lasted 10 hours instead of 4. When they did the surgery they found adhesions wrapped around every major organ in her stomach and fixed everything after surgery they told us she had developed ARDS, which we had never heard of before. When she was in ICU they had her sedated most of the time, her Doctor had told us that he has never heard of anyone surviving this he must not have done his research. Anyway she was sedated most of the time in the hospital she had occasions when she was awake and family did get to talk to her. After about 7 days on the respirator they put a trach in and put her on heavier medication to paralyze her the next day we got a call at 4:45 in the morning explaining she had a high fever and to get down there quick. We arrived and she passed away around 9:45 in the morning. She was only 44 years old. She was a great person, very funny, loved her family and her grandchildren were her life. She had the greatest smile and eyes I have ever seen and I'm sure she is one of the most beautiful angels there is in heaven now.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: