Re: How to get the messages from this board without clogging up your in-box

Fri Apr 11 21:18:27 2003

I suspect that one of the reasons that people use the email rather than the web site to read the board is that the web site loads pretty slowly. I have a broadband connection now, and it's still pretty slow. When I use dialup it's deadly.

One thing that I do to make things more manageable is to use netscape version 7 which has something called "tabs". These look like file-folder tabs running across the top of a browser window, and each one is a separate view but it is not necessary to redraw all of the controls so that it is faster to load this than a whole new window.

Ok, here's what I do: 1) Open a new window. Go to the months index page. 2) Put myself at the earliest unread message. Using the RIGHT mouse button, click. A menu comes up, and it says "open in new tab" as one of the options. Click on that. 3) While that page is loading, go back to the index page and get the next message to "open in new tab. 4) Repeat 6-7 times. 5) go back to the first unread post. It should have loaded by now. When you finish reading it, go up to the "tab", right click, and select "close tab" 6) the next message should be loaded by now, so read it and close it. 7) repeat until you have read and closed all the tabs, and then go back to the first tab that contains the month index and open a bunch more tabs.

The secret is that later messages are loading while you are reading the earlier messages. It sounds more complicated than it is, really!

The other thing to do is to look at the help documentation for your email program and see if it has the ability to sort email into different mailboxes. If that is possible, then you can have the program automatically plop all of your adhesions messages into one mailbox, and then it will not be mixed up with your other mail.

At Fri, 11 Apr 2003, klischma@foxinternet.com wrote: >
>Dear all,
>I am a computer idiot, but I think I did at least one thing right when I
>discovered adhesions.org. I never added it to my personal e-mail.
>Whenever I want to see new messages (or old ones), I just go to
>adhesions.org, which I made one of my "favorites" on my e-mail, and go
>to the current month. Thus, I don;t get a deluge of e-mails in my
>personal e-mail box. If you are having trouble because of too many
>e--mails coming to you, try what I did. I know my instructions are
>vague, but if you contact Tracy, the site administrator (I think), you
>could get better directions. Good luck!
>
>--
>mary lou
>

--
cathy :-)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: