I'm scared again

Sat Apr 12 23:25:07 2003

Hi everyone, I haven't posted for a while but I have been reading the forum for about a year or so now. Anyway, I guess I just wanted to get some reassurance because I'm scared right now.

Again I am experiencing pain! It's not as excruciating as alot of the posts I have read here but it has been fairly consistent for about 3-4 weeks now.

I have pain in my ovary area (had cyst removed in 1980, adhesions from there caused bowel obstruction in 2000, had to have emergency surgery)

I am also getting a pain in my waist? and sometimes in my back and also in my upper stomache near my surgery scar.

Last year I had a series of tests, including a cat scan and everything came back negative. (thank god) But now the pain is starting AGAIN.

I'm sure many of you go through the same thing where you start to think you have something terrible like cancer. I try to think logically and tell myself, "now Jen if you had somethink that terrible, you would be WAY sicker!" I'm not losing weight, have a good appetite etc...... It's hard though to maintain positive thinking. My doctor and urologist both told me last year that it's not adhesions because I don't have the right kind of pain.??????

After reading so many posts here I have learned that adhesions can cause all kind of different things for so many people.

I have my regular pap and checkup scheduled for this month so we'll see what happens then.

Anyway, thanks for letting me bend a few ears. Sometimes I almost paralyze myself with fear and then I get really depressed. I hate to keep talking to my husband about it because it takes a toll on him too.

Thanks everyone and I hope everyone is feeling better and thank you for providing so much valuable information. Sincerely, Jen G. Ontario, Canada

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: