Partial Bowel Blockage - Any Suggestions?

Sat Apr 19 16:26:13 2003

Well after a hysterectomy in 2000 I have now developed (once again) adhesions that have gotten to the point that I have great difficulty in digesting food. Since all of the doctors in my area are convinced that I just love surgery and are giving me that "it's all in your head" speech I'm pretty fed up with them. They are making me feel like I purposely ruptured my appendix, grew a dermoid cyst in my right ovary, grew gallstones, and then fibroid tumours that caused daily vaginal bleeding and had to have my uterus removed just for the fun of it. Then when I ran out of body parts they could remove I figured what the heck, now I'll just grow adhesions cause I love surgery so much and I just can't wait for one more of these moronic doctors to tell me it's all in my head again! Like I told the doctor I saw last week, after my hysterectomy when they woke me up in the OR and started to remove the tubes from my throat, I began to vomit. The medical staff all started freaking out and they rolled me on to my left side and I remember seeing the vomit hit the tiled floor. I was so stoned I was totally unable to help myself at all and it scared the living supreme crap out of me. Therefore if he thought for one second that I would even consider having surgery again if it was not ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY that I felt he was the one in need of a pyschiatrist.

For over a year now I have tried to get get the food moving back through my intestinal tract and it's now to the point where I'm pretty much living on Boost Nutritional Shakes and Tea and I'm going down hill fast. I'm absolutely terrified of falling on my face and ending up back in the hospital cause I really HATE that place. So far (under my GP's supervision) I've tried Dicetel, Zelnorm, Domperidone, Misoprostol, Prodiem, Metamucil, Mineral Oil, Magnalax, Gravol Suppositories, Oral Gravol, Gylcerine Suppositories, Ducolax, Fleet Enemas, Warm Water Enemas, Pantaloc, Buscopan, Vioxx, Nortriptyline, M Elson Mprhine Sulphate, Oxycotin, Heating Pad, Hot Water Bottle, Ice Packs, I've eliminated what and dairy from my diet for 6 weeks and tried to only eat about 1/2 cup of food a few times a day. None of this seems to help much and it just keeps getting worse.

After consuming anything whether it solid food or liquid, my stomach will bloat out on average 8 inches. Most of my days now are spend in bed crying and rocking back and forth. I'm sure if the "average" person put the kind of effort into passing gas that I have to they would end up with their pants full. To have a bowel movement usually entails more effort than most women put into giving birth. I have developed rather advanced diverticulosis for someone in my age group (41) and every time I turn around I have yet another hemmoroid. Of course there is constant pain which I can tolerate most of the time as long as I don't eat.

Have any of you found any "non surgical" relief? Any tips or hints for getting food through partially blocked intestines would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Lynnsay

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: