Re: Omega-3 fatty Acids

Thu Apr 24 15:41:53 2003

All I can say, is I read something that after a lap, the adhesions can reform and attach in 7-10 days, I have a lap done in march and had 10 days will no pain, now they are back. it is very frustration.

I would like to look up more info on this fatty Omegas Hey I will try anything that may help!

--
Sue

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Nina" <jeanninemonfre@yahoo.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 4:24 PM Subject: Omega-3 fatty Acids

> OK, so I am the new kid on the block, and have a question that I could > not find an answer to while searching the database. Seems to me that > all our adhesions are, in simplest terms, is an uncontrolled and > exagerated inflammatory response. For whatever reason our bodies are > saying, hey, there's something we have to heal here. If this is the > case has anybody had any luck with Omega-3 Fatty Acid (EPA) > supplementation to help reduce the inflammatory response? Studies show > it helps in some types of arthritis. Another micro is TGF-B2 (don't ask > me where it can be gotten in sole supplement form) that is known to > significantly decrease the inflammatory response in people with Chrohns, > not only in the GI tract but also in those w/ AS in the ligaments and > connective tissue strictures. > > Has anybody had any luck with oral micro supplementation as an attempt > to control the source of the growth? Or am I just dreaming a simple > dream? > > I also read somewhere that prophelactic use of antihistimines, steroids, > and anti-inflammatories can help inhibit growth. Has anybody had any > luck with this method. My concern is being only 2 weeks post lap I want > to be as proactive as possible WITH PROVEN METHODS in heping to minimize > future growth. Seems to me the method my OB suggested of placing me > into early menopause really hasn't worked well for most that are writing > in. > > Thank you all for your patience with all my questions, > > Nina >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: