Re: Abdominal Hematoma

Tue Apr 29 22:49:02 2003

Well my experience was with a hysterectomy and an abdominal hematoma. My dr followed me closely for the 6 months it took to reabsorb, but no surgery or draining was done. My understanding of this hematoma was that it was a huge bruise inside, of course I looked like I was 6 months pregnant, and there was a lot of pain due to the pressure it put on my internal organs. But, it did resolve itself. Good luck to your friend, and don't do stairs or any lifting even of a gallon of water or milk.

Bonnie L <Destiny2606@aol.com> wrote:Hi Everyone. I am writing for a friend of mine who had a C-Section 2 months ago. She was recently diagnosed with an Intra-Abdominal Hematoma ( Blood clot in the abdomen.) The clot is the size of her baby's head. When she had the c-section she also had her tubes tied. She is concerned because the docs are taking there sweet time scheduling surgery. She would like to know if it can be fatal if it isn't taken care of quickly. Also, if anyone has been through this did they surgically remove it, or drain it? Thank you so much for you help.

The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: