Recently Dx'ed/What should I do?

Thu May 1 17:02:18 2003

As many people you are in contact with, I am also suffering with adhesions problems. It all started with after having my 3rd C-section Nov,2000. Since then I have had 6 surgical procedures:

Nov 1st, 2000 C-Section

Nov 20th, 2000 Hemorrhage/ Complication from C-section=Emergency D&C

Jan 13th, 2001 Left Ovarian Hemorrhagic cyst burst into abdomen=Emergency Laparoscopic Surgery; Left Ovarian Repair & Discovery Of thick adhesions formed. Surgeon noticed during surgery my bleeding problem (news to me) and found similar problems during previous surgical OP Notes. Ordered Bleeding time and Protein S? Lab=Normal.

Began my research on Adhesions- found your website very educational. Thank you.

April 2001 Total Hysterectomy w/ Bilat Oopherectomy= Laparatomy. Problems controlling bleeding, closed me up without stopping the bleeding. Blood Transfusion. Had to dissect uterus from abd wall, bladder from uterus. Had asked Dr. to use barrier- he didn't.(maybe because of bleeding unable to insert barrier)

Began having problems with abd/pelvic pain, pain with: urination, bowel movements, sex. intercourse, standing or sitting for long and not so long periods, increased activity(over the course the yr. progressively worsening sx's, etc.). Found another Gyn and surgeon.

Feb 2002 Laparatomy adhesiolysis. Started w/ Lap (tried going in 2 diff sites but because of the thick adhesions problems getting through). Found Abd wall, intestines, bladder all matted together. Quite the extensive repair jobs, I hear from the mouth of my newly found GYN. Used barrier.

Aug 2002 Gallbladder Surgery

As of about Dec began having similar sx's as before Feb 2002 Adhesiolysis. Progressively worsening. My Internist wants me to visit Surgeon. Upper GI/Small Bowel with follow through negative for obstruction. Internist will not Rx anymore pain med- adamant I see a surgeon (I have about 2wks worth of pain meds to find surgeon). I don't get a sense she realizes the daily agony and mental anguish. At this point I don't foresee benefits to surgery If likelihood that I am going to be back to this Square 1 one to two yrs from now. It takes me twice as long to recover, I am a very slow healer. At my request she has referred me to a Hematologist to find out why I have problem with bleeding during surgery. I definitely would not want to have surgery until that has been explored further. She also would like me to see a Urologist.(I think waste of time, did see one before when I was having same kind of problems. He gave me meds which did not work. When I asked if adhesions could be the problem he said no, never seen that to be a cause for problem in that department.)

What is the latest on success in Germany. How can I find out? I would like to know if you know of a gyn/surgeon in the Seattle,Wa area who is specialized in adhesiolysis and may be using Spray Gel as a trial. Where could I go from here? I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you for your time. Liz

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: