Re: Too many hysterectomies are being done for the wrong reasons!!!

Thu May 15 19:57:46 2003

I agree completely with Helen on the fact that there way too many hysts being done for the wrong reasons. I remember telling the gyn that I had a previous diagnosis of adhesions and minimal endo. The gyn who diagnosed me never told me what endo was,let alone what adhesions were. I was always told not to worry, or else he'd just walk out of the exam room. Had I have been online and known the serious after-effects of having the hyst (TAH/LSO), I would never have allowed anyone to cut me again. I remember telling the gyn who wrote 'possible hyst' in my medical records to please not remove any organs that were not in bad condition, but she helped herself. Pathology reports stated that the left tube, left ovary, and cervix were healthy. Uterus had a few small fibroids. She placed Interceed as an adhesions barrier, but it didn't work. I will tell any woman to not even let a Dr. tell her it's a 'possible hyst,' because chances are the word 'possible' will be forgotten. And once you have signed a surgical consent form, and once you are under anesthesia, the Drs. will do whatever they see fit to do to you, and you cannot stop them. Millie. P.S. After surgery, I asked her why she removed so many organs, and I was told, "Because the first time you came into my office, you were crying with pain."

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 6:53 PM Subject: Too many hysterectomies are being done for the wrong reasons!!!

Too many hysterectomies are being done for the wrong reasons!!!

Some women have been told a hysterectomy will cure them of endometriosis - and will be the end of their endometriosis problems. This is not true!!

If you are going to have a hysterectomy, please be aware that a hysterectomy will NOT be the end of your problems with endometriosis and adhesions!!

In fact, it is predictable that a hysterectomy - or any other surgical procedure, for that matter - will cause even more adhesions to form - and will cause increasing pain.

The formation of adhesions is a perfectly natural/normal process - as the human body attempts to heal and protect itself.

Medical research has not yet found a way to guarantee that adhesions will not form adhesions following a surgical procedure.

Before agreeing to a hysterectomy: go to: http://www.google.com and do some research - using "hysterectomy" as the search keyword.

Do not agree to a hysterectomy until you've had the opportunity to seek a second opinion to make sure a hysterectomy is justified.

Please consider the above information very carefully before you agree to a hysterectomy.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: