Re: A hysterectomy will not cure endometriosis!!

Thu May 15 22:00:04 2003

Hi Millie, I don't think it's appropriate for a doctor to refer to the patient as a "colicky baby." And I can't believe that any therapist would minimize a patient's feelings and reaction to major surgery, regardless of why it was done! That's just unprofessional, in both cases! Gee, I think you could say you were raped three times?

It's very telling, isn't it, that men don't have to have their sex organs cut out to cure most of their maladies. Of course, the male sex organs are not nearly as complex as our are. Then you couple that with the fact that until "yesterday" (meaning, I don't think they really have completely given females their own "normals" yet) they only used the male body as the "normal" standard for everything wrong with the human body. That doesn't give us a very good chance of keeping our body parts until science begins to study women's medicine in a new way. It's way past time to do that for us. wr ps, can you tell I'm little bitter?

At Thu, 15 May 2003, Millie wrote: >
>An afterthought to some Drs. saying a hyst will cure endo pain...
>I was told to go to mental health after the hyst, because I was extremely depressed and the gyn said my pain was from IBS, and I was her 'colicky baby.'
>Of course, the shrink was a man, and I told him exactly how I felt about the hyst, as well as what the pathology reports stated.
>I told him it was minimal endo, and that the majority of the organs she removed were healthy, and I actually felt, in a big way, raped.
>His reply???
>"That's how they cure endo is by doing hysterectomies."
>"That's how it's treated." How unprofessional and inconsiderate.
> I will not go back there again!
>Millie.

--
I have no history of abdom. surgery; have had a few cysts
Fall 2002- extreme pain and constant bloating
1/2/03- laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C
2/12/03- TAH/BSO for adhesions caused by non-symptomatic
endometriosis (only dx'ed on pathology report)
Now?- rigid belly; abdominal pain, tenderness and
bloating; plus continuing bowel problems likely caused
by new adhesions

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: