Re: Can Dr.'s admit to ARD?

Fri May 16 21:52:57 2003

I don't know why doctors can't believe some of the symptoms we have are caused by adhesions but if they didn't then why do all the symptoms go away after the adhesions are removed?? I personally spend 11 months trying to convince several doctors that something was REALLY wrong and they needed to go in and check it out. I was suffering pain, heavy periods, menopausal symptoms, pain during intercourse just to name a few. I was told by one doctor that I needed to loose 60 pounds and change my sexual position. I was told by two doctors "well we can't find an infection but there must be one so I recommend antibiotics" and "you just suffer bad periods" and I was told I had IBS. Finally someone went in to find: adhesions, adnomyosis, endometrosis, and a cyst on the back of my ovary. Needless to say my respect for doctors dropped significantly during that time. I can't give you any information about the ulcer but I can sympathize with the doctors lack of understanding of what adhesions symptoms adhesions can cause.

Good Luck! Heather

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Spincon58 ." <spincon58@hotmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 10:23 PM Subject: Can Dr.'s admit to ARD?

>
> I went to visit my gastointestinal doctor to discuss my lastest GI series.
> His explaination was the xray showed adhesions, but the pain in my bowels
> were IBS. Why does't he believe adhesions are causing this pain and
> irregular bowels. He never mentioned ARD. I also have an ulcer that
cannot > be treated with medication only surgery. So he said he was sorry and when
it > gets worse call my surgeron.
>
> Does any one know if Dr. K in Germany can cut out uclers from the
> intestines?
>
> Someone Please reply.
>
> Connie
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: