Re: Digestive Problems, Headaches & Leg Pain

Sat May 17 08:11:53 2003

After my second c-section (Oct 2000), my periods became terrible. Every month they got worse and worse. By June of 2002, I was hurting 8-10 before I started and a week after. So, I had about one good week every month.

I had seen my primary care doctors before we moved that summer and they said birth control pills or hysterectomy was my only option.

Once we were settled, I went to a new primary doc and he referred me to a GYN. He said the same thing - or lupron. Since I can't take birth control pills, lupron wasn't an option either. I decided on hysterectomy and had the surgery in Oct 2002. The pathology report came back adenomyosis.

But, the recovery wasn't easy, had bladder problems and then a cyst form on my left ovary 3 weeks later. I can tell you a cyst growing in an already sore abdomen is NO FUN lol. In feb. they removed the cyst since it kept getting bigger and found adhesions. My mother and my aunt have both had problems with adhesions. Maybe it runs in families?

At any rate, for two weeks after the cyst removal, I had no pain. Then the left side started hurting. At my four week post-op they said the ovary was fine and maybe I was still healing. From then until now the pain has gotten progressively worse. It's at its worst when I have a bowel movement. This horrible burning pain in the left side so I wonder if maybe that ovary isn't stuck to something it shouldn't be. I'll also add that my bowels worked FINE until late April. Now, they don't seem to work at all no matter how much fiber and stool softeners I choke down :(.

I am hoping when I go next week they'll be able to figure out what the problem is. If I hear IBS one more time, I'm going to scream. I didn't have these problems BEFORE surgery and I don't want these problems now lol.

At Fri, 16 May 2003, Caryn wrote: >
>Hi Elaine... Thanks for the Welcome.... I'm so glad I found this
>board. I would be interested in learning what your dr says about your
>belly if it is adhesions. When did you have your hysterectomy? and why?
>I should have had one I think but just had a myo. Now who knows what is
>needed for me now.
>
>Well look forward to hearing from you soon, Caryn
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: