chronic pain due to adhesions

Sun May 18 05:38:35 2003

I had a hysterectomy in 1980. In 1981 I had another surgery for the removal of the right ovary, cyst. For 20 years I suffered lower back pain and groin pain. The doctor thought it was in my head, and sent me for ultrasound scans and couldn't find anything. Eventually in 1999, the pain was too much and I went to a private gynae and he did an internal scan. After laparascopy, he divided adhesions stuck to my bowel. I was fine then, I had no pain. The pain returned by 2002 - so I got them removed again. This time the immediate result was not good. I have had pain ever since. I was told I had irritable bowel, etc. At the moment my symptoms include; dizzy headaches, constant cystitis, permanent urinary infection, burning pain on left side of the vagina, left hand side groin pain, disturbed bowel function, loin pain, nausea and I have to be careful with what I eat because it can make me feel 10 times worse. I feel better when I don't eat anything. At the moment my GP has put me on antidepressants - to no avail. I am going for accupuncture soon. My GP has me down as a nutcase - wants to send me to a psychologist! All I need is some sort of pain relief for all of my symptoms. Can you please help?

Margaret.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: