Re: chronic pain due to adhesions

Sun May 18 16:06:39 2003

Hi Margaret, I had the exact problems with "cystitis" and "urinary tract infections". My problem turned out to be two fold. First I had endometriosis on my bladder which made it impossible to completely empty my bladder....so constant infections. After my hysterectomy I was still not able to empty so I went to an urologist. Turns out my urinary tract was too tight to completely let go. He said that he has seen that in women with endometriosis. He dilated me (which was more painful than any thing I could have imagined) and I have been fine; with my bladder, every since.

--
Kelly Marlow
-----Original Message-----
From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf
Of Carolyn J Meadows
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 11:19 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
Subject: Re: chronic pain due to adhesions

Margaret, I am so sorry you are in pain and hurting, I have been there, it is so wonderful to be free of pain. I am wishing this for you soon. Love carolyn

>----- Original Message ----- From: "margaret baxendine" <kayebaxendine@hotmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 5:38 AM Subject: chronic pain due to adhesions

> I had a hysterectomy in 1980. In 1981 I had another surgery for the > removal of the right ovary, cyst. For 20 years I suffered lower back > pain and groin pain. The doctor thought it was in my head, and sent me > for ultrasound scans and couldn't find anything. > Eventually in 1999, the pain was too much and I went to a private gynae > and he did an internal scan. After laparascopy, he divided adhesions > stuck to my bowel. I was fine then, I had no pain. > The pain returned by 2002 - so I got them removed again. This time the > immediate result was not good. I have had pain ever since. I was told > I had irritable bowel, etc. At the moment my symptoms include; dizzy > headaches, constant cystitis, permanent urinary infection, burning pain > on left side of the vagina, left hand side groin pain, disturbed bowel > function, loin pain, nausea and I have to be careful with what I eat > because it can make me feel 10 times worse. I feel better when I don't > eat anything. > At the moment my GP has put me on antidepressants - to no avail. I am > going for accupuncture soon. My GP has me down as a nutcase - wants to > send me to a psychologist! All I need is some sort of pain relief for > all of my symptoms. Can you please help? > > Margaret. >

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: