SprayGel

Mon May 19 21:37:46 2003

Thanks to David for helping to clear the confusion that might arise between the two barrier products! While we can understand clinical trials, the FDA, and the fact that the jury is still out regarding bona fide results of the SprayGel on patients, we must also acknowledge the fact that it seems the US always lags behind in approving products that may restore life to a very ill person. We have all seen stories on 20-20, 60 minutes and other televised programs where a desperate American citizen is forced to look beyond our country, our medical system, etc, to find help for their particular medical situation. I recall only months ago an American family facing the fact that their son would soon lose his life due to an inoperable brain tumor. (Inoperable by US standards). The parents searched for help elsewhere and found it in another country. The segment was fascinating and one of the top neurologist in the US marveled that the young boy was saved by the procedure performed outside our country; a procedure that the foreign doctor explained as "not that difficult to perform." He stated that they had faced these type of tumors before and decided they must find a new entrance to the brain, rather than the standard "learned" approach. The US surgeons advised the parents against the surgery, stating they would only hasten his death, they also doubted the procedure would work. The parents chose the operation. (what did they have to lose)? At the end of the segment, the foreign doctor was offering to teach the US surgeons the life saving procedure. I agree with David, NOTHING IS FOOLPROOF.......not even life. I have to disagree (sorry David) with the statement "even the best doctor with the best techniques will produce adhesions." This is true of US doctors and US procedures. Melissa is living proof that the 2 US surgeries caused further adhesion growth in her body. I disagree that it is true of "even the best doctor." I have a file full of photos of horrible adhesions ravaging my daughter's body. I also have complete photos of an adhesion free body after going to Germany. Dr. Kruschinski was the performing surgeon and delivered to me photos of an adhesion free abdomen, pelvic, liver, diaphragm, stomach, etc. on Melissa's second look. .......the photos reveal there are no adhesions and in fact the bowel looks shiny and healthy! I also have my daughter......true it has only been a short time since her surgery, but to date, we are seeing a new person that is out of bed, not throwing up, not holding her head in pain, her bowels are functioning, she no longer complains of stomach pain....she is able to eat, work in her yard, go to baseball games, and is starting to join in the game of LIFE once again. For this I am forever grateful to God and the skill, talent, compassion, and hard work that Dr. Kruschinski has put forth to bring total health to the adhesion sufferer. I appreciate David's caution, as we must all weigh the evidence, the posts, the circumstances, the products, the doctors, etc........he is right......no one has a magic wand..............but, we must remember, there will never be a magic wand. I was not looking for a magic wand, I was looking for a doctor that would acknowledge that Melissa had no life, that she was not a hypochondriac, she was not depressed, she did not have Crohn's, she did not have IBS, she did not have spastic colon, and, and, and,.............she was sick.....sick from ARD. We must use caution, but we cannot throw the baby out with the bath water. There is hope. We found it in Dr. Kruschinski and by traveling to Germany. Sincerely, Karen Steward

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: