Encouragement

Wed May 21 22:26:34 2003

Hi, (this is especially for Elaine, who needed support) I'm Sue and this is all new to me cause I just signed in to this site today. You sound like even a hug wouldn't help, that's OK cause I'm probably not anywhere near enough to give you one. If it makes you feel any better I hurt all the time. I sleep for about 3 hours, move the slightest and the shooting pain wakes me right up! This happens about 3 X's a night so I do not get much sleep either. Unlike you my Drs. believe me, they just don't know what to do with me and my adhesions. Have you tried massage, some herbal teas for your digestive track, or some stretching exercises? As soon as I feel a severe pain coming on I try to relax, think of something pleasant, and relax my muscles and breath. Then, I also remember that I didn't survive a massive stroke at the age of 34, pull thru well enough to attend grad school at age 40 (3.8 GPA I'd like to add) just to give in to adhesions. What I'm trying to say is we can't (it seems at this particular time) completely beat the pain. I have been E'd numerous letters (in 1 day) regarding a drug by the name of Ultram, which is supose to be great but is highly addictive-this was not disclosed by the pharmasutical apparently. Try using your mind-not the drugs- the adhesions are not in your brain and after what I have been through I can truely say the mind is a very powerful tool. I have lessened the pain of my adhesions, they may never be gone, but I am alive and I'm here with my son. (I'm a single parent).I know it must be harder with little children, it seems they always want to be carried when you hurt, but finding out about relaxation and maybe some other things I mentioned may help you. Take care, and please know you're not aloneSue Elaine <noemail@email.com> wrote:Saw my GYN today. Says its not an ovary problem, it's a GI problem. No exam, clothes were on - and he listened around my belly button with his stethescope - mashed around a bit. He spent a lot of time talking to me (which I appreciate), but I left feeling as if I really wasn't heard. So, I have no idea if I now have a cyst on my right ovary and really no clue why my left side hurts and hurts worse after bowel movements.

He suggested tri-something anti-depressants for "chronic" pelvic pain if GI says nothing is wrong. I don't HAVE chronic pelvic pain:

Had pain after my second c-section. 2 YEARS I lived in pain every month. I was treated like a hysterical female and told "either the pill or hysterectomy." Finally had the hysterectomy in Oct. last year - adenomyosis. Ok, that'll hurt (scarasm). THAT's a reason for pain.

After the hysterectomy, had bladder problems. My bladder was stuck to my uterus. Camera in the bladder showed something sitting on my bladder. Bladder was sore from being peeled off the uterus to begin with - something sitting on it would hurt. Turns out it was my colon pushing my bladder over to the right. Had a barium enema - that corrected the problem with the bladder being pushed over after I pooped enough for a football team since I couldn't go BEFORE all the stuff you drink. Still had problems going to the bathroom. Had to "white knuckle" it (what I call the bad cramps, sweating, not knowing if you're going to poop or throw up - or both) every time I did go.

Cyst found on left ovary. Still pain. Was told see you in three months.

THREE MONTHS I live in pain (this is now month four after the hysterectomy). All through the holidays - so much for fun...I was hurting EVERY DAY. I know this isn't news to you guys, you live it too.

They go in to remove the cyst in Feb. Adhesions sticking my intestines to my abdominal wall - or omentum the fat layer I was told today. "No wonder you were in so much pain" is what he said when I woke up from that surgery.

No pain on that left side for almost 2 weeks after the surgery. Then, little by little it creeped back in. Hey, I was going to the bathroom every single day though - I wasn't going to complain.

April, pain increases, can't go, did I mention PAIN? It's now the end of May and NOT ONE DOCTOR HAS EXAMINED ME with anything other than a darn stethescope. Only a nurse practitioner who suspected a cyst on the right ovary and put me in for an ultrasound. I don't get to do that fun trip until JUNE 2nd. April - June, pain and without any exam by a doctor, any ultrasound, no CT scan - and all I keep hearing is darn IBS! How the heck do they know that left ovary hasn't stuck itself to my colon or my colon to my abdominal wall now or the right ovary doesn't have a cyst too since it's sending nice shooting pains all into my groin and thigh?

Nah, it's IBS and if the GI doc says it's not, then I need antidepressants. You know, last month I was so upset over this I might have done the antidepressant route. This month, I'm so ANGRY over being dismissed, talked to as if I'm unable to make decisions and bounced from one physicians assistant, to a nurse practioner, to finally getting to see my GYN and being told to see a GI doc, I want to SCREAMMMMM! And - cause great havoc by writing letters to bosses when I finally find out what the problem is and these people have let me suffer for months :(!

So, there you have it. Chronic pelvic pain when I've only had pelvic pain TWICE before in my life and both times there was a reason. IBS, but if not IBS, then I need antidepressants. WHAT do I do now??

Oh and my doc doesn't think adhesions. Adhesions hurt all the time he said. I wake up fine in the morning. NO pain for the first 30-45 minutes. Once I'm up and getting babies ready for school, dogs out and cooking breakfast I start to hurt. By the time I have to cook dinner at night, I'm in so much pain it's in my thighs like when I had my period. I'll mention this is how I felt while waiting for them to remove the cyst after the hysterectomy. But nah, it couldn't be adhesions. I'm 31 years old, in good health besides THIS atrocity, and by the time I walk through walmart I'm hurting so bad I just want to curl up in a bawl. Nah...I need antidepressants.

Anyone else been in this situation and have any words of encouragement or experiences to share? I'm NOT depressed, I'm finding I have a rage of anger growing inside though lol.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: