Re: Ladies, I need all the advice I can get!!! ASAP

Tue Jun 3 19:47:19 2003

Hi there, sorry you are having problems! If at all possible I'd contact Dr. Reich and the others there in NY to see if they can see you soon. Or head to Germany. Knowing you are already an adhesion former I would be VERY cautious about "anyone" opening you up unless they were extremely qualified in the area of adhesions. I hope you can procure for yourself the best qualified adhesion doc to work on this - gall bladder removal (cholecystectomy) are a dime a dozen, but as those of us on the board can all attest, adhesions are a different story... Best of luck, Judy On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 08:18 AM, linda garcia wrote:

> Hiya, 
> I hope that this note find you all comfy with less pain the usual.
> I am in a big predicament here so I need all info from anyone that has
> had problems with their gall bladders.
> Sunday morning when I got up, I was having thid horrendus pain, on the
> right side under the boob and a little under the ribs.  Today is
> Tuesday and it is still here.  I went to the ER yesterday, they did
> blood work, and an ultrasound, but they told me everything is clear. 
> When I was there yesterday, I was nauseated but  not to badly, they
> gave me a shot of phergran, (OUCH!!!!) I have never had a shot that
> hurt like that.  When I got home later in the day (they wouldn't give
> me anything for the pain since I took my 30 mgs of oxycontin)  I
> started running a fever of 101.  The pain is awful, When I breathe it
> shoots sharp, really sharp, pains through my right shoulder.  I know
> that their is something wrong, when I had my lap in October the doc
> never said anything about adhesions around that area.  The ER doc said
> since my bladder and uterus are at! tached to the navel area, they
> would have to open me up.  What can I do ladies, I know that it is my
> gall bladder as my mother and 2 sisters have had to have them removed.
> Thanx girls,
> Love ya all
> Linda Garcia
>
> Live life to the fullest today because there is no guarantee that
> there will be a tomorrow <image.tiff><image.tiff>
>
<image.tiff> >

by mail.medispecialty.com (8.11.6/8.11.6/dsb-1.1) with SMTP id h541xn911484 for <adhesions@adhesions.org>; Tue, 3 Jun 2003 20:59:50 -0500 Message-ID: <20030604015905.22646.qmail@web80406.mail.yahoo.com> Received: from [68.23.79.232] by web80406.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:59:05 PDT Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:59:05 -0700 (PDT) From: Susen Zwicker <susenk@sbcglobal.net> Subject: Re: Ladies, I need all the advice I can get!!! ASAP To: adhesions@adhesions.org In-Reply-To: <3EDD3E47.00000C.01919@vaio> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-65729853-1054691945=:22237"

Hi Karen, Sue Z here. I hurt some everyday; however, most of my pain happens at night. By the way, I wonder about me too! They didn't discover a thing as far as polups? go, or any suspisious tissue but because they were "already there", as he put it, they biopsied in 3 spots. The Dr. also stated he could tell where I may be getting "restricted" from "something on the outside of my colon"-I said adhesions and he said it's very possible because he's seen it before! Last Nov. I had my Rt. ovary, tube and many adhesions removed. It took 3x's, I was advised, to get thru my ab. wall with the scope instraments. The pain prior was horrendous so I do know what alot of you are going thru. Luckily, he did put in a barrier, where adhesions had plastered part of my intestines up against my Rt. hip. The pain is back but it's manageable for the most part. I think I've started peri Menepause too. I started taking the stuff the nutritionist talked about on the Dr. Phil segment "Hormones from Hell" and I feel much better in other ways. It seems I hit 40-41 and my body is revolting! I printed things from this site about the Adhesions, the Dr. in Germany Ect. and gave them to my internist and Ob-Gyn. My BIG issue now is sleep, I sleep for awhile, but when I start moving I get some serious pain. Another words, not much sleep. It's like the adhesions tighten up on me when I am sedate, then when I move they move in for the kill. I have a hard time sitting for long periods too. That's going to help my career. (MA Grad student for counseling) Someday I'll get to Germany, but I have Grad school to finish! I also have to find a sitter for my boy. I called to confirm with the sitter I had prior agreed arrangements with and she let me know she was "sorry" she got a real job and forgot to inform me! One week before class starts. Thanks for remembering me Karen. Sue Z Karen Steward <kann@charter.net> wrote: FLAVOR00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000;Hey Sue Z..........

How did you come out????? Have been wondering about you!

Karen

-------Original Message-------

From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 02:16:50 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Ladies, I need all the advice I can get!!! ASAP

Hiya Back Linda, I don't know about your pain, or what it might be but I feel for you and we'll include you in our prayers . Our ER mis diagnosed my strep! It really makes you wonder what's happening to medicine in our society. SZ

heather hetrick <motega3@msn.com> wrote: Hi Linda,

I had my gall bladder removed in 1993. The pain was really bad and it got infected but no one caught that for 3 months until the infection spread to my lungs and I was almost put on a respirator (don't want to scare you or anything). I spent 6 days in the hospital while they got rid of the infection. The way they figured out my gall bladder was bad was by injecting dye into it and watching it, I think by a cat scan. Sorry it was a while ago and I fell asleep while they watched. But the dye didn't go anywhere like it should. When I had it removed the doctor said it looked diseased, it wasn't clogged and there were no stones but it was like sludge in there instead of the thin stuff it should be. The ultrasounds won't show the doctors if it looks like that in there.

Hope this helps and good luck! Heather

>----- Original Message -----
From: linda garcia To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 9:18 AM Subject: Ladies, I need all the advice I can get!!! ASAP

Hiya, I hope that this note find you all comfy with less pain the usual. I am in a big predicament here so I need all info from anyone that has had problems with their gall bladders. Sunday morning when I got up, I was having thid horrendus pain, on the right side under the boob and a little under the ribs. Today is Tuesday and it is still here. I went to the ER yesterday, they did blood work, and an ultrasound, but they told me everything is clear. When I was there yesterday, I was nauseated but not to badly, they gave me a shot of phergran, (OUCH!!!!) I have never had a shot that hurt like that. When I got home later in the day (they wouldn't give me anything for the pain since I took my 30 mgs of oxycontin) I started running a fever of 101. The pain is awful, When I breathe it shoots sharp, really sharp, pains through my right shoulder. I know that their is something wrong, when I had my lap in October the doc never said anything about adhesions around that area. The ER doc said since my bladder and uterus are at! ! tached to the navel area, they would have to open me up. What can I do ladies, I know that it is my gall bladder as my mother and 2 sisters have had to have them removed. Thanx girls, Love ya all Linda Garcia

Live life to the fullest today because there is no guarantee that there will be a tomorrow

The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: