Fw: Re: Should Surgical Clamps still be in me????

Thu Jun 5 18:13:27 2003

-------Original Message------- From: Karen Steward Date: Thursday, June 05, 2003 05:57:21 PM To: kann@charter.net Subject: Re: Should Surgical Clamps still be in me???? Teri, I know nothing about surgical clamps, however I do know my daughter had surgery twice in the US for endometriosis and adhesions (whole pelvis was fused). Both surgeries left her in worse condition than she had been PRIOR to surgery. I did not know at that time that adhesions begin re-forming immediately during or promptly following surgery. I only knew that she got no relief from surgery, even though we had flown to a "renowned laparoscopic surgeon" that I had been told was the BEST. Melissa began having pain within days of her first and second surgery and in fact the pain worsened, then spread to areas she had not previously had pain! Within months we were frantic for an answer. I learned about SprayGel, Germany, Dr. Kruschinski and the remarkable AbdoLift system from women posting on this site...........and we began making our plans for Germany. I am happy to report that Melissa is well.......completely WELL. She has a life again. I would tell you to call your doctor immediately and ask him (her) about your pain. I just want you to know there are many women that have pain after surgery......(and it isn't from clamps).......it is from more adhesions! The first surgeon told Melissa she needed to start Lupron shots after she reported to him that she was still in severe, continious pain............the second surgeon assured us she had more endo problems that had not been excised properly and he could see more adhesions; thus our trip for that surgery! Yes, he excised endo and removed adhesions............however, she was still one sick, miserable young woman...............until her surgery in Germany. Take charge of your health by calling your doctor. Report your pain and ask questions............don't worry about being a nag.......lol........BE ONE!! You have a right to know why you are still hurting. Best wishes, Karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Thursday, June 05, 2003 11:55:39 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Should Surgical Clamps still be in me???? I went about a week ago for a CT scan because I'm still having pain even after two surgeries for the adhesions in my pelvic area and I was reading the radiologist report that stated there were surgical clamps present. I was just wondering if this is normal, since it's the side I hurt on?
--

Thanks for your help!
Teri

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: