Re: mom is suffering

Fri Jun 6 09:45:41 2003

Holly, I am SO very sorry about your mother. If you have been reading this site---you know the suffering that goes on. It seems many doctors ignore or negate the pain of adhesions. Good that you are looking at Germany. You can read more about Dr. Kruschinski at http://www.EndoGyn.com He has contact information, etc. You would need to e mail Dr. Kruschinski and be prepared to send her operative reports to him. I too had my daughter at a "world renowned clinic" and the doctor that met with us told her she needed to accept her illness (IBS). Previously we had been told she had Crohn's..........proved that wrong, then we were told spastic colon..........then IBS............I decided IBS is just an all around good "label" to tag on you when they have no clue what is wrong! It is a sad situation indeed when you think you are doing the VERY best and still there is no help. You are moving in the right direction! Best wishes, Karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Friday, June 06, 2003 08:46:49 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: mom is suffering Hello, this is my first time posting. I have been reading these messages for months while watching my mom live in torture. She had a hysterectomy almost 20 years ago so she has always had digestive issues, pain occasionally, nothing debilitating, though. Last April, she had her appendix removed and then in June, her gallbladder removed. Since her gallbladder was removed, she has never been the same. For a whole year now, I have watched my mother struggle to get through every day. She is in so much pain, she eats barely anything, she fights every day to make it a little better to no avail. If she isn't pulling apart, she is choking from her food being stuck in her belly. She has lost 60 lbs, we have been to the Mayo Clinic and everywhere in between. The doctor at Mayo said, "She has adhesions of the small bowel, good luck to you." It boggles my mind that there is no help for her. Her original surgeon did a procedure a few weeks ago (not an adhesiolysis, I am not sure what he did! I know, bad idea!) that seemed to just move her pain to a new place. He said she didn't have many adhesions. I just can't believe that is true! I have been reading all of these stories, and I am reading my mother's story over and over. Germany seems to be the answer. Can anyone give me some advice on how to go about setting that up? How long does it take to get a surgery scheduled? I will do anything to get my mom back! Thanks very much to all of you!
--

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: