up- date on my 7 year old sufferer

Tue Jun 17 03:37:51 2003

My son Zac and I have not posted nor read for a while and what alot of changes. Well done to all those concerned.

IN brief Zac was born with a malrotation or a deformity in his bowel and surgeon did life saving surgery to seperate his obstructed mangled bowel. Adhesions formed and at 2 years old they removed massive adhesions throughout his bowel.

After about 1.5 fantastic pain/constipation free years his pain/constipation has worsened gradually year by year. He suffers almost daily from sore backs, neck, legs and ofcourse sore tummies. With lots of medication he does go to the toilet everyday but loading is always a problem.

Right now we are waiting for another battery of tests to commence and way up the options for further surgery. He has difficulty concentrating and often daydreams at school. He is well behind for his age so it puts pressure on us to want to improve his current health status now. We also worry about his pain level 20 years from now and the decisions we make now will have a major impact on him later.

I would love to have some support and feedback from anyone. We were using lazer treatment for a year but had to stop it as long term we did not know how it would affect him.

Regards Evelyn watsayyou@xtra.co.nz

--
mums the word

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: