Fw: Re: Robin/Korell--Kruschinski

Thu Jun 26 11:14:19 2003

Robin, Thanks so much for taking the time to fill out the study form! I hope others from both Dr. Korell and Dr. Kruschinski will take the time to fill it out. Melissa will be filling out the form also..........however, I have to get her to slow down long enough to do it....but will post it for others to see.......Melissa arrived in Germany in pain as most of you know........she was advised to take pain meds with her as we were told the pain medication in Germany was different. Melissa, even though she was always ill, did not take much pain medication. She tried to always get by on OTC's............. For the trip to Germany, she took RX's of Oxycontin and Percocet with her that she had left from the California surgery (which left her wracked with pain for 8-12 weeks)........... Melissa was surprised and relieved to find that she needed very little pain medication after surgery with Dr. Kruschinski using the AbdoLift. She said, "I am sore, but not in pain----this is tolerable." She only used the suppositories that Dr. Kruschinski provided, (and he had to insist she use those).............as she told me, "if it doesn't go in by mouth, it doesn't go in"............... It wasn't until surgery with Dr. Kruschinski that we learned so much about CO2 and the harm it does to the body............we mistakenly thought the "pain" after surgery in Texas and California was from the surgery itself. In Germany Melissa did not experience the same type of pain she had in the previous surgeries in the States. Now, we know that much of the pain she had in the States was due to CO2!! Her recovery time was much faster and when we left Germany on the 22nd, Melissa was on no pain meds at all. I would also like to confirm the years of experience of Dr. Korell, as you have stated 25 years experience in each post. I do not know the years of experience Dr. Kruschinski has, as I never asked. I only knew he was turning out well patients with quick recovery time. That was all I needed to know. If that is important to some people maybe we should add that information to our study....................... For myself, years upon years do not carry any merit......I only want to hear results! Melissa's first surgeon stated he had 37 years of surgery experience. She was no better after her surgery with him........he was a wonderful person, and though he had many years of experience, it was of no benefit to Melissa. So, all in all, I learned that years of experience is not what counts when it comes to getting well............. I have nothing against Dr. Korell, just as you say you have nothing against Dr. Kruschinski................I only want people reading the board that are in pain to consider each posting. In the states, we have all been like cattle led to water, but there is nothing to drink!! It would be a disservice to anyone considering surgery to make the wrong choice in surgeons, especially when making a decision to travel to Germany............thus, the reason for my post. And once again, you bring up money...............however, we cannot base what one doctor charges against another, as they are operating out of different hospitals, providing different surgery techniques, and providing different accommodations for the patients. Therefore they have different expenses. Bringing dollars into the equation is not in the best interest of the patient or the surgeon. There is no way to "price comparison" quick recovery, no cell death, OR extraordinary success results! We had less time in Germany, (quicker recovery?) and I see that as a blessing as we were able to return to our family sooner!!!!!!!!!!!! So Dr. Kruschinski may have more expenses to cover, but the patient is at MUCH lower risk in all areas. And this is my opinion and our experience!! Thanks Robin, Karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 07:03:08 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Robin/Korell--Kruschinski Dear Karen, I filled out the study form. I am taking pain meds so that I can slowly decrease them. I was on > Duragesic 75 patch, 60 mg 2 x day Morphing (MS Contin), 15-20 mg of codine every 3 hours, Ibuprofin 800, equgesic, Paxil & Buspar (anti depressants that should help with pain) Temazapam for sleep. (That doesn't count the meds I tried that did not work for me) NOW I am on 15 mg Morphine for 2 weeks, then 1 pill a day for 2 weeks, then off them totally. Using 5 mg codine to help with any withdrawl symptoms. Before surgery, even with a sleep pill, I was waking several times a night, now it is so much better. I do need to say that DR Korell has 25 years experience with removing adhesions. I paid almost 3,000 Euros less & I stayed for 3 weeks instead of only 2. I have nothing against Dr Kruschinski, I do not know any thing really about him. It is a decission that each person needs to make based on their situation. I do not know many of the names of people that have been to DR Korell. But I do know he has had success with more than with me, using the spray gel. I wish you luck with your study, love & prayers to all, robin M
--

>My name:_Robin Massengill___My Surgeon:__DR Korell___
>
>Pain before surgery (scale 0 -10): 10
>Pain after surgery (scale (0-10):2
>How much pain meds were you on prior to surgery:

C>What were the pain medications prior to surgery: > Duragesic 75 patch, 60 mg 2 x day Morphing (MS Contin), 15-20 mg of codine every 3 hours, Ibuprofin 800, equgesic, Paxil & Buspar (anti depressants that should help with pain) Temazapam for sleep >How much pain med were you on after your surgery: >What were the pain medications after your surgery: >30 mg 2x day of Morphine & 5to 10 mg Vicodin >Activity level prior to surgery (scale 0-10):0 >Activity level after surgery (scale 0-10):7 > >How many adhesion surgeries have you had in the US? 6 >How many adhesion surgeries have you had in Germany? 2 (and 2, 2nd looks) > >Have you had more than one surgery (excl. second look) with Dr. Korell? yes >If so, why? In Nov 2000, he was using Intergel. It did not keep the adhesions from returning. > >Have you had more than one surgery (excl. second look) with Dr. >Kruschinski? >If so, why? > >Have you had any surgeries CONNECTED to adhesions after >adhesion surgery with Dr. Korell, in Germany or the US: >If so, please state reason (give doctors' name if you like) > >Have you had any surgeries CONNECTED to adhesions after >adhesion surgery with Dr. Kruschinski, in Germany or the US: >If so, please state reason (give doctors' name if you like) At Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Karen Steward wrote: > > Robin, > >Thanks for the response to my questions concerning Dr. Korell. I do thin >there needs to be clarification between the two German doctor's and the >techniques being used. > >Many postings have been made concerning Dr. Kruschinski and the >success that patients are achieving through his surgery techniques. >Your recent post about Dr. Korell has confused some patients. I have >received personal letters regarding the two surgeons. > >I believe it is only in the best interest of ARD sufferers to know all t e >facts >before making a decision concerning such an important surgery! We must >make a unified effort to bring complete clarification between the two >surgeons! I firmly believe we would both be doing a disservice to the >suffering patient if we do not state facts, techniques, & results >between Dr. Kruschinski and Dr. Korell. > >I am thrilled for your successful surgery with Dr. Korell............thi is >the >same story we are wanting others to hear! You did mention pain >medications, waiting to see if you are free of adhesion pain and costs. ou >stated that Dr. Korell is not as expensive as Dr. Kruschinski. We must n t >allow a dollar bill to come between success stories being posted on this >site.................Although the cost may be more or less from one doct r >to >another, we would not want money to sway a patient considering going to >Germany because of cost differences, as these are two very different, >unique individuals, using two very different techniques, different >hospitals, different facilities, etc..........the two doctor's would >obviously >have different expenses! > >We would all agree if we are making such a drastic step to fly to German , >we want the BEST possible outcome of that endeavor! > >Patients must KNOW!! > > Dr. Kruschinski uses SprayGel, but no CO2 (gas). > >Dr. Korell uses Spraygel and gas (CO2). > >I would love everyone that has been to Germany to begin postings >answers to the following questions and let's do a comparison: > >My name:____________My Surgeon:_____________ > >Pain before surgery (scale 0 -10): >Pain after surgery (scale (0-10): >How much pain meds were you on prior to surgery: >What were the pain medications prior to surgery: > >How much pain med were you on after your surgery: >What were the pain medications after your surgery: > >Activity level prior to surgery (scale 0-10): >Activity level after surgery (scale 0-10): > >How many adhesion surgeries have you had in the US? >How many adhesion surgeries have you had in Germany? > >Have you had more than one surgery (excl. second look) with Dr. Korell? >If so, why? > >Have you had more than one surgery (excl. second look) with Dr. >Kruschinski? >If so, why? > >Have you had any surgeries CONNECTED to adhesions after >adhesion surgery with Dr. Korell, in Germany or the US: >If so, please state reason (give doctors' name if you like) > >Have you had any surgeries CONNECTED to adhesions after >adhesion surgery with Dr. Kruschinski, in Germany or the US: >If so, please state reason (give doctors' name if you like) > >I would love to collect the data between surgeons. Robin, since you are he >only one I currently know that has been to Dr. Korell, it would be hard or >me to collect the data......do you know of others we could get data from >Would you help gather data for this important study? > >Thanks a lot, > >Karen > >. .

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: