Re: Angry????

Tue Jul 8 06:19:32 2003

Karla, I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so badly. I wish I could help take away your pain! You are absolutely right about everything you wrote. You and your family are in my prayers. I'm praying that UCLA can do something to help you. And I'm praying that you can get your life back!

(((HUGS)))

--
Katherine

At Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Karla wrote: > >As you know, I haven't been on the board lately because of my condition >and constant hospitalizations. I have recently spent 3 weeks out of the >month of June in the hospital and have spent the last couple of days >trying to read through postings that I have missed. Do you want to know >what I have gotten out of all of it? Anger! > >I must first say that this is not meant to be directed towards anyone. >It is just my pain and frustrations reaching out. I apologize to anyone >that this offends. But I have to get this out.... > >Why am I angry? Because, first of all there seems to be so little >compassion left on this board and secondly, because it makes me sooooo >angry right now to hear people going for more surgery, the arguments >about the doctors in Germany...and to be perfectly honest, the >complaining about the problems that adhesions cause. (Please know that >I am not saying that you shouldn't do this.....you need to, but I just >have reached a point where I can't deal with it) My thoughts are "do >something about it"! Educate yourself, make wise choices, but do >something about it or keep quiet. And I don't mean that..but I feel it >right now. > >I am in a very hopeless state right now. I don't want to hear about >everyone's aches and pains, because right now I wish that was all I had >to complain about. Yes, I am very depressed. There are NO answers for >me. Once more my doctors are reaching out to send me to UCLA, but they >pretty much know that it is just a shot in the dark. Something to try >and give me hope. They also know that the end is not far. They are now >seriously talking about kidney removal...as a measure to extend my life >a little bit. But, they really don't know why I am having the serious >problems that I am. I have been to Mayo, University of Wisconsin, Lahey >Clinic in Boston, Johns Hopkins and the University of Chicago. None of >them had answers. All of them say I am dying. While I haven't gone out >to UCLA, I feel that they are just searching for answers because they >can't accept their being unable to do anything. I don't know that I >want to go! In fact, I know that I don't, but for my family, I will. > >I have been overweight since I gave birth to my daughter in >1978....morbidly obese for the past ten years or so. But, since January >I have lost close to 100 pounds doing nothing. I feel like I am wasting >away and my doctors are also concerned. I still have about 30 pounds to >go before I would be at average weight, but having lost 20 pounds during >the last two weeks, I could reach that point in a month or so. Each day >it is a fight to get out of bed, go to the hospital for treatments only >to return home to bed again. I do get out, but I don't have energy for >anything anymore. This past weekend of course was the fourth of July. A >group that I used to belong to needed some help at the community >celebration and I thought that having done it for years I could just >fill in for a hour or two. After about ten minutes I realized that I >couldn't. Couldn't do things that a few years ago were my life! That >makes me ANGRY! I cried! > >This whole week has been nothing but crying. I feel time slipping. I >am still mourning the loss of my grandson two years ago, but now the >grief goes to losing my daughter, two granddaughters and grandson who >truly are my life. I enjoy each minute that I spend with them and I >can't imagine leaving them. > >Then I come here and read about people with pain and I want to reach out >and help them. To welcome them, give them advise and pray that they >make the right decisions. But I get angry, because its just pain. I >wish that my life was just pain. When I think about the years when I >complained about pain I yearn for them back. > >So, when I talk about my anger please know that I am not saying that you >shouldn't come here and complain! Please do! It is your sounding board. >Listen to each other and have compassion for one another, but most >importantly educate each other. We all have busy lives, but please >don't stop listening to those who suffer with you. Please don't say you >don't have time for this group anymore, because you just might miss that >one person who really needs to hear what you have to say. Please don't >not participate because you don't like what has been said or how it is >being said. Dig deep and become a bigger and better person and stay and >help those who come to this group every day searching for answers. >Remember that day when you went searching? You either couldn't find >anything because it didn't exist at the time, or you lacked the >knowledge that those do who join us each day. If you help one person in >this group, it is all worth it. If you can help more, God Bless You! > >Ok, I have had my pity party. Please hear what I am saying! > >God Bless > >-- >Karla >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: