Medication

Sat Jul 12 20:28:19 2003

Hello all,

Searched around and read about a 1000 posts, but did not get the answer I was looking for, so I thought I would post it.

My wife is going for her third adhesion surgery in 3 weeks in Germany. We knew 2 months ago, the adhesions were back, but assumed we were just going to go to another surgery here with her OBGYN. Thank god I found this sight first. I now feel much better educated and want to try to stop the cycle for her now before she is overwhelmed with adhesions. I can't tell you how bad I feel for any woman that has to deal with this.

My question is, medication seems to do zero for her pain. I would think that if it was not strong enough, it would a least bring it down some. But nothing. She might as well be on nothing which we did for a few days and it was no worse or better. She has done Ultram, Percocets, Vicoden ES, and now she is on Kadian 50mg. , and Actiq 800mg. for breakthrough. As I said, nothing. I had high hopes since I thought by reading this site that both of these drugs were pretty good.

The problem I have is that she says she absolutley can't take it anymore. We are considering drastic and yes, stupid solutions right now. One is to go to Central America, which we are familiar with, becasue they don't torture their patients. If they need pain killers, they give them. We could stay there for 2 weeks. I am just a little nervous about these doctors and the level of pain medicine I am sure she needs. We are also considering a laproscopy early this week and then let Germany clean it up. As I said, both stupid solutions, but what I am I supposed to tell my wife who I love very much when she says she is done, she can't take it anymore.

I am kind of interested if my wife case sounds normal. I read that everyone suffers here, but my wife seems to be living in unlivable pain and does not get out of bed at all. I am not even sure how we are supposed to fly in the plane to Germany since her breakthrough pain looks like an epilectic seizure or and excorsism.

Are there certain adhesions that hit different pain receptors in the brain than these narcotics deal with. I just can't understand how she gets zero releif.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: