Early Induction of Labor?

Mon Jul 14 10:25:21 2003

My fiance and I are still planning on trying to have a child relatively soon. If we get pregnant a new set of issues arrives. My mother had a very difficult delivery w/ my twin and myself even though we were only 3 1/2 lbs. According to her OB she had a "small pelvic opening". He recommended all future deliveries be Csection, which they were. My twin just had her first child and almost lost her because both her shoulders got stuck, even though she is only 7 lbs. Now all her future deliveries are recommended to be Csection. My twin is significantly larger than myself in weight and bone structure. Therefore I can't help but have reason to believe that I will have similar problems, even though OB says this truly can not be determined until labor progresses. Problem is if the baby does get stuck at full term, she could die. But if they do a Csection then the enormous amount of cutting involved would surely cause new adhesions and comlications from that.

Has anybody out there been induced early in order to "guarentee" a vaginal delivery in order to prevent Csection and new adhesions? This was my fiances solution to the probem, but am not sure if an OB would go along with it. No matter what we are trying to research all our options well in advance of when we actually need them.

Thanks in advance,

--
Nina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: