Re: Laproscopy, Should I Do It?

Wed Jul 16 10:09:53 2003

I am NOT a dr. and I don;t know if I am hurting myself in the long run, but sometimes as I said yesturday, when I do extreme stuff, like lifting rocks for landscaping, I feel rips inside, but then I am pain free for a few days, sometimes a week. I am pretty sure I am ripping AWAY from the abdominal wall since I will have large hemotomas in perfect circle patturns. if a dr is reading this...should I be worried when I get these brusise on my abdomin? DON'T laugh...but the first time it happen, the brusing was right above the navel and 8inches across, and it was a deep deep purlpe and spread outward in a circle I have pictures (photos) if I can find them, anywho!!! I thought I was........ABDUCTED BY ALIENS! hehehehe!!!!

--
SueR in lala land!

>----- Original Message ----- From: "LL" <levarge@yahoo.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 10:05 AM Subject: Laproscopy, Should I Do It?

> Hi, > > After a couple of years of unexplicable abdominal pain, my doctor sent > me to a surgeon for a consult. He said they could do a diagnostic lapro > to see what was causing the pain. I am an 38 year old male, no prior > surgeries. A colonoscopy was negative as had been all blood tests and > cat scans. The surgeon did note one place on mt cat scan where a loop > of the bowel is clearly firmly pressed against the abdominal wall. Since > I have diverticuli, he theorizes that one or more may have ruptured and > when it healed, adhesions formed. > > I am scared of the surgery.... I am scared of being knocked out!!! But > the pain is ruining my life. Nothing seems to help excpet maybe extreme > exercise (which wipes it out for awhile, then ir comes back worse) > > Any advice? Any links to what to expect with a laproscopy? > > LL >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: