gyn adhesions need some good advice rather depressed

Thu Jul 17 11:16:50 2003

Hi everyone, I am currently at home recovering from my most recent lap surgery 7/10. I found this web site while looking for answers and feeling very depressed. The dr's were very encouraged they had found my colon wrapped around my uterus and numerous other adhesions on the back side of my uterus. They said they were able to remove and they placed an adhesion product like interceed on the back side. However, it's been a week out and i'm still in a great deal of pain. I can't tell if this is from the surgery or if the adhesions are back. I'm feeling very bloated and sore. I wonder if any one else out there has had a similiar experience? I am so worried they are back. I have been living in severe pain for several months now. I really don't want to live on painkillers anymore. I really thought this would fix me. This all started last year when i had a lap done in 3/02. I had removal of 2 bilateral ovarian dermoid cysts, one on each right and left ovary. Both of which were rather big. The dr says that the contents of the dermoid cysts are very caustic and seeded my whole abdominal cavity with a big time inflammatory reaction. I'm 36 and would like to start a family but would also like to live pain free. We are going to try IVF. Both my tubes are blocked from massive adhesions. I only have a small amount of ovarian tissue because of the removal of those ovarian dermoid cysts. My uterus looks great!!! one good piece of news. Right now, I guess I am very depressed. I really need a boost of good energy. I truely believe God will see me thru this. I ask for prayers from all and any comments about how to make it thru each and every day while living with this. Thanks, Feeling Down

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: