Re: Venting, forgive me

Sun Jul 27 21:10:48 2003

I've sat in the exact place where you are right now. I, too, am frustrated because it seems that no matter what I do, it comes back. It's been three years and I am looking at another surgery. This time I am going to try someting a little different. I'm investigating the feasibility of traveling to Dr. Gerhart and Reich in Pennsylvania. IT all depends on the insurance reimbursement. I may see another doctor locally, but either way, I am going to pursue deep massage physical therapy after the procedure. I'm going to try to get the adhesions to not attach or at least be much looser than before. My OB has heard of this and knows someone who does it. It must be gaining some more credibility.

Keep you hopes up. Some combination of surgery/therapy will work for you in varying degrees. Keep asking questions and ask for more opinions. Is there a local medical university near you? Try the head of the laparoscopic surgery department. Ask your friends. Ask your GP to look around for you. And don't be afraid of the anti-depressants. They help you to cope.

Good luck!

--
Nancy

At Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Elaine wrote: > >Just wondered what kind of doctor I request to see now. I feel like >I've been a responsible person. I went to my GYN about the pain. He >said nothing other than anti-depressants. > >I went to my clinic, five times. Had an ultrasound, tried ultram, tried >a high fiber diet(nightmare) and agreed for the referral to a GI doc. >>From there, I saw him twice, tried zelnorm, saved poop and drove it to >the lab, did swabs of poop, drove them to the lab, had blood drawn. Saw >GI doc again, said all looked normal. Maybe adhesions, maybe IBS. Gave >me amytriptiline - does not help with pain. > >Saw second opinion GYN today. He said remove ovaries. They don't move >normally as they should, probably incased in adhesions and that would >releave my pain. I'm 31!! Or, I can try lupron with add back therapy. >My regular GYN said since birth control pills make me crazy, I'm not a >good candidate for Lupron. This GYN said I'd have no problems. > >So, I said, I'm back to where I was before the hysterectomy (that >STARTED this nightmare). He said "pretty much." > >What do I do? Another surgery with no mention of adhesion barriers and >be surgically castrated on top of it? Not a smart move my inner voice is >saying. > >Lupron so I can be crazier than I already feel and STILL be in pain but >experiencing menopause TOO - at 31? > >What do I do? Go back to my general practioner, chain myself to the >clinic and scream "I'm not leaving until someone fixes me!!"?? > >There's not even a pain management clinic in my area to try to get to >see. At least there (from what I read) they try to get to the bottom of >why you are hurting. Here, everyone is just guessing - IBS, Adhesions, >your ovaries, your ovaries in adhesions, you're nuts blah blah blah. > >I also want to know - do American doctors regularly castrate MEN who >have undiagnosed lower abdominal pain? If not, why is it ok to do it to >women?? > >Forgive my anger. I just still cannot believe I'm in this situation and >there is NO END IN SIGHT - ever. God, please grant me the strength to >stay afloat until I can figure out what to do with myself and how I'm >going to live like this and raise two small children.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: