Re: back and sciata pain

Sun Aug 3 17:15:06 2003

Anna, I have constant back, hip, butt, abdominal and leg pain! I don't know if it has anything to do with my abdominal adhesions or not. I am a complicated case because I also have a hip replacement and that was also revised 2 times since this bad disabling pain began, which was after a fall in 2000. It now has severe bone loss and missing bone.

I also have an artery in my abdomen(Iliac) which is calcified and a vein in each leg from the knees down which is completely closed. I have 3 bulging disks but they say they are not big and not touching any nerves. I also have had a life-time of abdominal/pelvic adhesions which had gotten much worse right before the fall. The doctors all pass the buck back & forth and no-one knows for sure what is causing my pain and disability!!

I do know in 1989 I had allot of pain in my "good" hip, butt and leg (much similar) which was odd, plus abdominal pain. At that time I had every back and leg test imaginable and nothing showed wrong. I was checked by about 6 different GYN's and Internal medicine doctors from all over for about 6 months. Finally the last one noticed my ovary was bound down by something (adhesions) and I had surgery. Low and behold the ovary was attached to my vagina inside. They removed the adhesions and the ovary and I felt wonderful afterward and back to a normal life!!

Don't know if that could be some of my problem now or not but I even tried adhesion surgery again and this time it did nothing. I had it done Lapro for the first time and didn't feel like he even did anything afterward, so who knows.

I cannot walk very far and use a cane when I go anywhere. I would never be able to walk around parks, etc. I use a wheelchair if it is a long journey because even with the cane I can't walk for hours. I also can't stand for very long. I also increase my pain if I sit on certain surfaces. Our life has been destroyed!

Hope this helps, JEAN

At Sun, 3 Aug 2003, anna wrote: >

>i have posted two messages on here so far, this is my third.
>when i come to this site and read the messages, i get some comfort.
>not, that everyone is suffering, because i can relate.
>i too was talked into a hyst at 29, not knowing that every surgery you
>have make the adhesions worse.
>
>i do have a question for everyone who reads this, does anyone have
>consitant back and leg pain? i had this problem since my last surgery. i
>have had ct's scans mri's and the dr. say there is nothing wrong with
>my back. i have went to physically therapy and that didnt help eithere.
>i am trying to research about the nerves in you abdomian to see if the
>nerves where damaged during the last surgery. ( if that is possible).
>or if the adhesions are causing this? please post a message if anyone
>has this pain too. thank you anna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: