Adhesions and Endometriosis

Tue Aug 5 08:56:36 2003

Almost five years ago I had surgery to remove my appendix and ever since they I have had so many stomach/pelvic area problems. I am in constant pain...my pelvic area always hurts, and when I get my period it's about 100 times worse. This is kind of gross, but it's one of my main symptoms, it is extremly painful when I have a bowel movement...I get sharp pains sent throughout my stomach and sometimes it is so painful that I can't even go. I was diagnosed with Chrone's disease and was put on 16 pills a day because my doctor was 99% sure I had it, but a colonoscopy proved that I didn't. I have had multiple Upper GI's and Lower GI's and two more colonoscopies and yet they never find anything wrong. I've even been told that it's all in my head and I should see a doctor about that...needless to say that the doctor who told me that isn't my doctor anymore! My problems will come and go, somedays I'll be fine and somedays I'll just want to rip things out of my body because I feel like that will be less painful than what I'm going through. This past year I found a new doctor and did another colonoscopy to find that nothing was wrong, but he suggested that I see my gynocologist...so I went there and explained my problems and he said that it sounds like endometriosis but he didn't want to do surgery just yet, he said we could wait...but I'm a college student and only would only be under my parents insurance for another year so I didn't want to wait so he decided to do it. I had the surgery and they found that I did not have endometriosis, but I had adhesions instead wrapped around my bowel, ovaries, and large intestine...for about two months after the surgery it was great, the pain I had felt for years was gone...but now it's six months later and for the past three to four months I've been experiencing the pain again...it wasn't so bad at first, but now it's just as bad, if not worse, than it used to be. Can adhesions grow back that fast? And all of my symptoms are idendical to those of endometriosis, so is there a chance I have that even though my last surgery said no? I'm so sick of being in pain and I was just hoping that someone would maybe be able to relate to my situation and give me some advice...thanks!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: